Are any anons playing the new Thomas the Tank Engine game?
buy an ad
>>735158558>autism: the series: the gameNo thanks
>>735158558>Desiel instead of Toby>Emily instead of HenryThe FUCK
>>735158558Wonders of sodom
>>735158815Where's the QT pajeeta train
What do you even do in this game?
>>735158558It would have been so cool if the environment and people looked like they were from a trainmodel
>>735158558https://youtube.com/watch?v=UvaKgwvNKhwThread theme.
>>735158892No one likes the cg era
>>735158892not a sodor resident>>735159458you drive the trains
>>735158558No? I'm not 6?
>>735161071Well are you?
PRESENTING:A TOUR OF SODOR, WITH COMMENTARY FROM THE ISLAND OF SODOR: ITS PEOPLE HISTORY AND RAILWAYS
>>735161876THE BRIDGE OVER THE WALNEY CHANNELVisitors to Barrow, and Barrow’s inhabitants too, may think that there is only a road bridge here. This is an illusion! In addition to the Jubilee Bridge, there is also a double track railway bridge, the property of the NWR. It is a Schertzer Rolling Lift Bridge of some 120ft span designed by Mr Topham Hatt, and erected in 1915 when the NWR was built. Till 1977, when the Jubilee Bridge was built, the NWR had the car-ferry rights over their bridge and worked an intensive and profitable service.When the road bridge was built to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee, Sir Topham Hatt saw to it that the NWR were given substantial compensation for the extinguishment of their ferry rights.BR have Running Powers over the bridge to enable them to operate their share of the joint NWR/BR suburban service between Barrow and Norramby, as agreed with the LMS in 1925.
>>735162084VICARSTOWNOften mis-spelt Vickerstown. The monkish chronicler, ARNOLD OF CRONK, records that when in 1150 Cronk Abbey was founded as a daughter house of Furness Abbey, the Abbot of Furness asked for a grant of land on which his Agent or Vicar could build a residence. King Ogmund, suspecting that this might lead to English infiltration, would only grant him land for a house here; hence the place’s name.In 1915 the NWR built their main Motive Power Depot and Administrative Headquarters here; but following the NWR/LMS agreement of 1925 there was no longer any need for the Vicarstown Shed. It was closed in 1927/28, and a smaller one erected for engines operating the car-ferry service. The turntable was taken up and installed at Barrow.
>>735158558
>>735162084>>735162296Give me the autism right into my veins
>>735162296THE BALLAHOO TUNNELSThe NWR was built as a strategic railway in time of emergency (1915). Speed and cheapness of construction were paramount. A single line bore only was cut, and the Up and Down lines gauntletted.Following ”the Henry incident” of 1922 (3RE/38-47), a second bore was cut to provide a double line.
>>735162697CROVAN’S GATE (GH11)The town is so named because of the narrow pass (Once much narrower than at present, since road and railway builders have enlarged it). This pass has for centuries been the only practicable route from the east into the interior.King GODRED CROVAN with 300 men held some 4000 Normans at bay here for a day till reinforcements under JARL SIGMUND and Thorkell could arrive and occupy the surroundingheights. Then feigning retreat, CROVAN lured the Normans through the gap which Sigmund then closed. The Normans were thus pinned down in a narrow space where they had no room touse their superior horsemanship except in trylng to escape from what had become a virtual massacre.Apart from its military importance, Crovan’s Gate has been an agricultural market town till in the 18th Century the Crovan’s Gate Mining Company made it the headquarters for their operations at Ward Fell and in the Skarloey Valley.In 1915 the NWR established repair shops here. Since 1925 these shops have been expanded as required till, with the decline of steam on the’mainland, the Works are now equipped with machinery and craftsmen able to tackle any type of steam locomotive overhaul or rebuilding that may be needed.
>>735163101Sparta?
>>735163101KELLSTHORPE ROAD (HI9)The town of Kellsthorpe gets its name from THORKELL OF NORWICH. He and Godred Crovan fought on opposite sides at the battle of Stamford Bridge (1066). Both were wounded and struck up a friendship afterwards. When Saxon resistance to William I collapsed in 1067, Thorkell was so disgusted that he marched his men across to the Lancashire coast. They were welcomed in Sodor, and granted land in return for help when required in the defence of the Island.Kellsthorpe Road is the junction for the KIRK RONAN BRANCH.
How bad is the performance on PS4
Can you crash or fall off the tracks at all?
>>735163553KILLDANE (G7)Originally Keeill-y-Deighan - ”The Church of the Devil“, in allusion to the circle of standing stones on the plateau above the village. There is a local legend, with no historical foundation, that a bloody battle was fought here against a party of Danes. (This tale is reserved for English visitors only; no-one else would swallow it!)Since the building of the railway, Killdane has virtually become a suburb of Cronk. An hourly service of trains is provided which becomes half-hourly at peak periods.In 1967 a ballast processing and distribution centre was set up here by the Arlesdale Ballast and Granite Co. (SRE/3-9).A Motorail Terminal was opened here for the Island in 1977.Killdane is the junction for the PEEL GODRED BRANCH.
>>735163923Where is the plateau?
>>735163923CRONKThe place’s full name is Cronk-ny-Braaid - The Hill in the Valley; but nobody ever uses it! The town and castle were built on a curiously shaped rocky eminence which commanded the entrance to the valley, leading to the heart of the Island.Cronk with its strategic position became a fortified town at an early date, but the castle is relatively late. It is a development of a much earlier Celtic Peel or Refuge Tower. It was built in 1104 by SIGMUND, the first King of an independent Sodor. He pulled down the Peel, and replaced it with a Norman type motte and bailey.During the Great Rebellion Cronk, having been promised Irish help via Harwick and Peel Godred, held out for four months against Cromwell; but the relief never came, the garrison surrendered on honourable terms, and the castle was blown up. The ruins are in the care of the Sodor Island Trust.The town is a busy one but has no big employer. There are instead a large number of small firms all engaged in light electrical industry or instrument making of one form or another.Cronk is a fascinating town, and an ideal centre from which to explore the Island. It has a number of good hotels of which The Crown of Sodor in Sigmund Street is probably the best.
>>735164101MARONThe church is dedicated to ST RONAN, so that the generally accepted view is that the place name comes from Ma Ronan (Sudric for St Ronan).The modem village is round the station at the summit of Gordon’s Hill, but the older houses are built on ledges climbing up from the valley of the Maura (Sacred River). Other authorities claim that this is the basic source of the name.Viewed from the valley the hillside village has a picturesque and alpine aspect. Many of the lanes leading to the houses are too steep and narrow for wheeled traffic. Donkeys with panniers are still employed in the delivery of bread, groceries and even coal.The station is a compulsory stop for all Down, loose coupled and ”unfitted” goods trains. Brakes must be pinned down here. Conversely bank engines stop here and use the station crossover for the run back to Wellsworth.
>>735164101>>735164316Gordon looks so absolutely done
HAHAHAAHA WHO THE FUCK IS POSTING TRAINSSTOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT TRAINS RETARDAHAHAAHAH
>>735164316GORDON‘S HILLSince Cronk and Maron are some 280ft higher than Suddery Junction near Wellsworth, the five miles at a ruling gradient of 1 in 75 have through the years been a testing ground for NWR locomotives. Gordon stalled here with a goods train soon after he arrived in 1923. It has been called Gordon’s Hill ever since.
>>735164608SUDDERY JUNCTION (Sometimes called Edward’s Junction)Gordon’s Hill linked the two main standard gauge lines in the Island. They were the Sodor and Mainland (S&M), and the Tidmouth Wellsworth and Suddery (TW&S) Railways. The TW&S was a coastal line often no more than some 20ft above high tide level.The signalbox here controls entry to and from the branch to Suddery and Brendam.
>>735164719WELLSWORTHKnown in the books as “Edward’s Station”. The name probably derives from a well, now dry, in the grounds of the Old Nunnery.Legend has it that St Tibba, or it may have been St Ebba, in the 6th Century, had a dream. As a result of it she caused a well to be dug here, and with its water effected many remarkable cures.The Poor Clares settled here and built their hospital around the well. Though Henry VIII* nominally suppressed the Order in 1534, the Sudrian interpretation of the Act secured that St Tibba’s Hospital remained and expanded as need arose. It has recently been rebuilt on a new site and has deservedly the highest reputation of any hospital on the Island.Wellsworth is a pleasant seaside town. The air here is reputedly pure and bracing. There is a Convalescent Home, and many doctors recommend a period spent here to patients suffering from respiratory ailments.
Unironically what do you do? I liked truck sim but that also has the business element. I thought all these train sim games where pretty much just time trial shit where you just drive a train to point A to B and that's it. Apparently derail valley is like truck sim where you actually make money and have to buy and manage stuff. Is this the same or like, what? Even the videos don't actually seem to explain anything.
>>735164853CROSBYOriginally Croshbyr. (Crosh = cross or crucifix; Byr = croft or farm).The name clearly derives from the remarkable stone cross which stands on a mound in the churchyard. It is unique in the Island, and though it bears an affinity to that at Gosforth in Cumbria, we have never seen anything quite like it anywhere else. It dates from the early 11th Century when the revival of Christianity in the Island began to take hold. A cross of Celtic pattern is mounted 10ft above ground on a single slab of stone.It was a Preaching Cross, and the carvings on each of the four faces give some idea of the method missionaries had to use in order to get their message across to people steeped in Norse mythology.Beginning with the south face and working round clockwise, each face portrays legends with which all were then familiar. The Creation of the World is represented with the First and Golden Age. The Wars of the Gods then shatter this harmony. This leads to The Gods’ Twilight with Chaos supervening. Finally the eastern face portrays the coming of the promised Son of the Gods - the All Powerful - and the Dawn of a New Age. This consummation is shown by the Crucifixion with Mary Magdalene and Longinus at the foot of the cross, while the final triumph of good is symbolised below them by The Lamb trampling serpents under foot.The cross stood undisturbed for some 600 years till James Catherick, a puritan preacher from the Isle of Man was intruded into the benefice during the Commonwealth. Catherick took great exception to “graven images”, and called repeatedly for the destruction of “this monstrous idol”. Crosby people were outraged. It is not to be supposed that they appreciated its value, but it was theirs, and with true Sudrian spirit they were not going to allow any foreigner to tell them what to do with it. They sent word to their real Vicar, the Rev. Samuel Heyhoe, and waited their opportunity.[1/2]
>>735165279Since no Crosby people would volunteer to help him,Catherick had to enlist “godly helpers” from outside. Two days later he returned to find that in his absence the Cross had “unaccountably” disappeared. Catherick was furious. Not only had he been made to look a fool, but he was also out of pocket; for in order to induce his “godly helpers” to come at all, he had had to pay them in advance, and this payment they now flatly refused to return.As was to be expected he was unable to get any information from the village. All professed to be as surprised and mystified as he! But he could not escape the impression that behind their dead-pan faces the whole village was laughing at him. Legend has it that Hell Fire, Brimstone, and the Dreadful Fate of Sinners loomed large in his sermons for the next few months.At the Restoration, Mr Heyhoe was re-instated, and a few weeks later the Cross, little the worse for its adventure, was levered into its socket amid general rejoicing.It is regretted by some that the church does not match the cross. Little remains of the original 11th Century building. The first church was a small one consisting of nave and chancel only. This, with embellishments put in during the 13th and 14th Centuries, survived till the 1860s, and by then was in great need of restoration. Crosby’s popularity as a health resort had then begun, and the need was felt for a larger building to match the town's expected growth. The old church was accordingly pulled down and reconstructed Aisles were added on both sides of the nave, and the result was virtually a new church with little reference to the old. Its links with past ages were lost, but as a Victorian period piece it nevertheless has its charm.For the rest, Crosby is a quiet seaside town with the same salubrious air as Wellsworth, and is popular with visitors and convalescents alike.[2/2]
>>735165351CROSBY TUNNELOne mile in length. It was cut by the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway (W&S) in 1912 following the agreement made in that year to amalgamate with the Tidmouth Knapford & Elsbridge Railway (TK&E), to form the Tidmouth Wellsworth & Suddery Railway (TW&S) .The tunnel, originally cut for a single line, was opened out for double track in 1915 when the NWR took over the TW&S railway.
>>735165469KNAPFORD It will be noted that there is a certain "Englishness" about the place names in this area. This is because it was formerly fenland drained and reclaimed by English engineers. For centuries the area below Elsbridge (F2) had been flooded both at high tide and when the river was in spate. At other times it looked innocent enough to tempt unwary invaders to choose this route inland. All without exception found themselves engulfed in bog.During the 1880s the Ulfstead Mining Company became interested in the minerals (lead mostly) waiting to be found on the higher ground east of the marsh; but without a firm footing they could not be either extracted or transported away. Accordingly they called in A. W. Dry & Co who had experience of working on drainage problems in East Anglia. A. W. Dry built embankments across the flats north and south of the river (along which the main line of railway now runs), and installed tide gates. The river was then embanked along its south eastern side, but the opposite bank was left open to provide a flood-pool for the normal river flow which could be drained off every day at low tide. It thus remained a marsh where the Elsbridge fenmen could carry on their activities as before, and since this, fortunately, was the side of the river they preferred, they offered little opposition to A. W. Dry's drainage operations on the east.The town of Knapford itself, though an important railway junction, is in a bleak position. It is a railway and dock town. Few people live here apart from railwaymen, dock workers and drainage engineers.
>>735165696TIDMOUTHTidmouth’s rise and development is mainly due to the enterprise of A. W. Dry & Co. already mentioned under KNAPFORD.The harbour, which is deep and well sheltered, has been known for centuries as a safe place in which to ride out storms; but access from land was, until the 1880’s, only possible on foot or by pack-pony. The valley of the Tid, north east behind the town, is peculiar in that it is narrow and enclosed by precipitous cliffs; and being throughout on a higher level, the river falls sharply before reaching the sea. Even now there are only footpaths along the valley.Till well on into the 19th Century it was a rough place, the haunt of smugglers who alternated as fishermen, and who had developed their special kippering process, the secret of which is still jealously preserved today.A. W. Dry & Co faced considerable opposition when wishing to use the harbour as a base for operations in the Knapford area, Boat building however, was among their various activities, and they had produced a new design of fishing boat which fortunately found favour with the Tidmouth men. This together with judicious "sweeteners" eventually opened the door to an amicable arrangement. Supplies and equipment for the drainage project could then be brought in by sea and conveyed along a coastal road built for the purpose round the headland.By 1905 the Mining Company had become dissatisfied with Knapford as a port and adopted A. W. Dry's suggestion of extending their tramway along this coastal road to Tidmouth, and Topharn Hatt, a young engineer from Swindon who hadlately joined A. W. Dry's staff, built some light steam locomotives for them.[1/2]
>>735165920All went well, and trade boomed till an Autumn gale in 1908 destroyed the road and the tramway with it. Trade was disrupted, and numbers of miners were thrown out of work. The situtation was desperate. A. W. Dry had a large interest in the mines, and had not yet been paid in full for the drainage work done. With the help of a Treasury Loan they put unemployed miners to work under Topham Hatt's direction, cutting a railway tunnel through the ridge south of Tidmouth and laying a railway directly from Tidmouth to Knapford. The Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light Railway was formed in 1910. Amalgamation with the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway followed in 1912, and brought fresh trade to Tidmouth. But it was only when the double track NWR was completed in 1916, connecting Tidmouth at last with the outside world, that its potential as a harbour was realised, and its development could really begin.The town's growth as a port and industrial centre has been phenomenal, and it rapidly became the Island's commercial capital. However it still retains many marks of its uncouth origins, and is not attractive to tourists. Nevertheless those ramblers who are bold and dedicated enough to scramble up the steep path beside the Falls of Tid will be rewarded in the valley beyond, which is a place of awesome splendour.Mention of the Falls is a further reminder of Messrs A. W. Dry's enterprise. By harnessing the Falls of Tid, Tidmouth became the first town in Sodor to be lit by electricity. This was in 1906.Tidmouth is the junction for the Arlesburgh Branch.[2/2]This concludes the tour. The Ffarquhar Branch Line is also included in the game. At present I cannot recommend the game as there are far too many bugs.
>>735158815Nani the fuck? Is Henry hidden in a siding?
>>735166035He's not back from Crewe yet, please understand
>>735158558The game has soul-level anti-normgroid protection. If you aren't at least grandmaester assburger autist you disintegrate on the spot if you even try to play it
>>735166035The game is developed by Jewtail Games
Looks soulless, unlikehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUT2GdMRC8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wqNAnnVk_k
>>735158558>>735161876why does it look like an UE5 asset flip? I want it to look like a scale model, just like the show was
Percy was me fave
>>735166530That would be so cool
>>735165990Thank you for the lore dump, good sir!