[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIP.jpg (32 KB, 474x474)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
tutorial GOAT. bob ross of 3D

so many of these tutorial people are unpleasant to listen to. having a nice voice is more important than indepth autistic knowledge, especially at the beginning stages when most of the information is variations of the same shit.
>>
Hey, Grant. Love your work!
>>
>>969823
Underrated guy, while the donut scam is famous.
>>
>>969836
The good toil in obscurity while the minions of satan are exalted by the world
>>
File: goat.png (1007 KB, 898x623)
1007 KB
1007 KB PNG
>>969841
He is happy.
>>
File: Screenshot (13123).png (757 KB, 2560x1440)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
is it worth buying some of the courses? they're all on sale right now, so. just not sure if he keeps them updated with later versions of blender
I'd say I'm an intermediate right now. I know how to texture paint, UV unwrap, mark seams, use modifiers etc but nothing too crazy, all self taught via a bunch of youtube videos on mostly low poly modelling
also wondering if it's worth getting something like the Blender Character Creator v2.0 AND Low Poly Characters: Blender Bite Sized Course, when the former will probably cover it all anyway
pic is just some bullshit to grab your attention
>>
hows his rigging video, i wanna rig my coom models for shorts
>>
>>969823
>>969836
I started blender 2 days ago and did his tutorial with the planet and thought that the donut tutorial I abandoned few years ago was more complete
Are there specific tutorials that you guys reallyenjoyed?
>>
>>970306
>Blender Character Creator v2.0
I don't know about these two courses, I only took the basic and animation courses, but it is cheap like 10 dollars, so why not?
>>970323
I don't know about the video, but the animation course is good, better than I expected.
>>970357
Follow the virtuous path with the rest of Grant's Videos, to low poly, modeling, and rigging.
>>
>>969823
this cunt needs to get his teeth sorted
>>
>>970657
Cunts don't have teeths, are you a virgin or something? Have you ever seen a vagina in real life
>>
>>969823
Does he have some sort of tutorial about workflow? I have heard that workflow is really important to cg art
>>
>>970659
Vagina dentata
>>
>>970661
the ideal workflow consists of the least amount of work possible

1 % work, 99% flow

I think things, and they happen
>>
>>970669
thanks a lot anon, I dont know what /3/ has against workflow, are they scared of learning something new?
>>
>>970669
how does one learn this power
>>
>>970705
I am, I just watch "How to do X in 5 minutes" type of videos
>>
>>969823
I’m a Speedchar man
>>
>>973754
based, speedchar is my favorite 3d youtuber by a considerable margin right now
>>
>>969823
Where can I find some of these "in depth autistic knowledge" tutorials?? (i would like to find some video siries/books to dunk my head into for a couple of months)
>>
>>973754
>Speedchar
chad in my book
>>
>>969823
who's the guy?
>>
>>969823
I respect this dude cause he can squirt a nice water fountain through his teeth
>>
>>976939
Grant Abbitt on YouTube.
>>
>>970357
I liked this one, it's good for a beginner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTjnQ067sw
>>
https://youtu.be/G304v9-IjdM

Our guy came with a story of overcoming today, I almost cried here.
>>
>>969823
currently doing his tutorial on character creation, pretty good starting point. Any recommendations where to go from there?
>>
>>978725
Julien Kaspar's Character Workflow on Blender Cloud/Blender Studio.
>>
>>978609
i feel bad for this guy. for all the hype this film got, only 80k views in 9 days is an objective failure, especially for his channel size and for how much shilling this film has had from other creators like grant, p2design, smeaf, etc. honestly it's kinda boring and slow paced and seems to be targeted to kids. which is weird coming from a guy who's made jiggle physics tutorials, something tells me his audience isn't in grade school. but at least he accomplished something, unlike me kek
>>
>>969823
I wish Adobe didn't lock my pirated Photoshop copy. the things I would do to this motherfucker's smile...
>>
>>979898
Buy Affinity before it becomes subscription based. It works just like Photoshop including the plugins. The same money you spend on Photoshop can be spent to save 10000000% more on Affinity.
>>
>>979899
yeah I was thinking that but I keep putting it off because I'm too lazy to learn new UI.. but buying it just in case it becomes subscription only isn't a bad idea
>>
>>978609
>>979804
I think it was simply underwhelming. You hear about this magnum opus film five-plus years in the making, and it's... blob shapes that aren't even rigged. Disappointing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.