[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705880372431637.jpg (165 KB, 1077x807)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Any one able to give me a rundown on what they're like or what your experience was? what programs you used, general usefulness, what to expect, etc.

I'm an employee at the local uni and all classes are 100% free for me. Considering trying some 3d classes, especially for animation because it's easily my weakest point by far. if it's generally a waste of time though I'll just continue with the self taught route. on the other hand, if they aren't a waste I'll definitely consider making 3d my second degree.
>>
If they teach you about workflow, then yes. Workflow is very important.
>>
>>973949
You should ask them for their workflow never enter without knowing what's their workflow
>>
>>973950
>>973968
workflow, duly noted. I booked a meeting with the department advisor for next week I'll be sure to bring that up
>>
>>973969
and actually to add on to this what are some warning signs/ shit to look out for when I ask this
>>
>>973949
Any job where you move imaginary pixels is low skilled labor than a janitor. Don't do it OP do it as a hobby instead.
>>
>>973981
I guess architects are now considered to be a low skill job
>>
>>973949
they're shit, the only way to makebotbworth it is that your uni has big names or peoplebthat actually wotkbonbthe industry, if yoi canmt milk connections then it's no use
>>
>>974038
in what way is it a waste though? it will cost me nothing. unless it is an active detriment. is it?
>>
gonna bump this before the meeting, anything else I should ask about?
>>
>>974705
Chris, you're unemployed like the rest of this board. Why makes you think it's a good idea to make these threads about employment? And how did your previous job offering at the TV station go?
>>
>>974708
im not the fucking board lolcow and I'm already happily employed. all I want to know is if 3d classes are worth the time or if I should put that time toward a different subject.
>>
>>974710
Then your answer is no and was already given to you.
>>
>>974708
Cris lives rent free on your head
Cris detractor detected!
>>
>>974708
>>974710
Cris has a-logs now
>>
>>974735
I've seen several posts lately calling obvious non-cris posts cris or "chris".
>>
>>974741
We all have a little Cris in us.
>>
>>974741
They are A-logging, every lolcow has a-loggers
>>
>>974054
you get into a place where an old boomer had teached the same shit like 6 years in a row, with no labour experince outside the school, yoi are better learning that by yourself
>>
>>975059
was the impression I got today honestly, all their staff are old as shit too. also they won't let me choose a course despite meeting prereqs, they lock you into a 4 year program with a very inflexible schedule if you want to take anything past introductory courses which is almost impossible if you're working full time already. idk if that's a common thing in this field but that's definitely not how my first degree worked, nor how my current department handles their courses. also they really try to force you into gaming for some reason.

like nigga I just want to get better at rigging and animation. gonna consider sitting in on their intro to animation to see if I can glean anything but yeah I'm just gonna continue down the self taught route I think and just buy a course online or continue subsisting off of youtube videos.
>>
>>973949
>3d courses at university
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc
>>
>>973969
>>973971
'Workflow' is a meme on this board btw

>>974054
The Waste is your time

>>975088
>I'm just gonna continue down the self taught route
good
>>
>>975088
whatever you do don't restrict yourself to YT. use forums (not this one) and resort to books/courses when needed
>>
>>978741
>use forums (not this one)
if you're referring to reddit, I'd rather take bad advice here than good advice there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.