[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This style is the biggest, laziest meme ever. It's even worse than McMansion. Everyone goes ooo and aaahh over a fucking boolean'd rectangular with glass inside.
>>
Rectangular box even!
>>
>>975331
post your work
[spoiler](I'm kidding)[/spoiler]
>>
>>975331
Be the change you want to see instead of complaining like the little bitch you're acting like.
>>
>>975348
The houses on top are very probably significantly older than 100 years.
Also what's awful is suburban living in general, not just it's architecture. Doing archviz for rich assholes who will probably die of thirst when the revolution cuts off the water supply to their gated community is something I'd never engage in. I'd rather NEET it out till then.
>>
>>975348
Wow, you've been modeling for a really long time, anon.
>>
>>975348
I think houses from 2024 are really nice looking, if I wanted to live in sword art online i would choose the cottages
>>
File: F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg (1.3 MB, 2976x1984)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>975348
Obviously the problem is that architects also use CAD tools that are only good at making default cubes and such shit. Just look at how modernist this plane looks, by the way the simulation software used when designing it couldn't handle even one more tri. But it's definitely a stylistic design choice when it comes to those gay ass houses.
>>
File: IMG_0264.gif (2.26 MB, 498x406)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>975372
>Does not understand how CAD works
Ok blentet let’s see your CAD skills in Blender… OH WAIT IT CANT!
>>
>>975375
Of course it can't you flaming faggot.
https://makertales.gumroad.com/l/CADsketcher?a=784689267
>>
>>975372
>>975375
Cris, as a general rule, you shouldn't reply to your own posts.
>>
>>975380
Fuck you I'll do what I want
>>
>>975376
>Fails to work as a CAD program, lots of missing features that freeCAD offers, inaccurate information, ETC.
Blender will never be CAD approved.
>>
>>975331
it is long tail ad revenue bait. post it and next year it will have 150k views and you make 100dollars from it. a decent little side job.
>>
>>975466
>Blender could integrate a cad mode
No. Blender lacks support for NURBS surfaces with holes. The whole modern CAD thing revolves around those primitives. Blender will never work as a CAD unless the internals get largely re-written. That's not going to happen.
>>
>>975503
>Blender is all in one
>Dev “No, CAD for you”
There goes people’s claims of it being all in one and able to do anything. Big corp would totally switch to blender if CAD was on it.
>>
>>975503
The specific primitive that you need need is a NURB but you also need to be able to add a number of 2D cutters to it which may overlap and span across several NURBS.

Those "2D cutters" are the "sketches" which are the actual CAD drawings. Those in turn need to support linear and angular constraints and so on.

Blender has maybe 5% of the functionality that you would need to make a CAD and that's too little to be extended of fixed via Python scripts.
>>
>>975503
For reference:
https://registry.khronos.org/OpenGL-Refpages/gl2.1/xhtml/gluNurbsCurve.xml
Red the part that says: "gluBeginTrim/gluEndTrim pair, it is used to describe a trimming curve". That's the part that's missing in Blender and all the functions related to producing and editing those "trimming curves" of course.
>>
File: b2.jpg (45 KB, 800x572)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>975372
Maybe it's been a while and I forgot, but I'm pretty sure that plane wasn't made using 3d design, but drafted by hand. The angles were definitely simulated for radar bounceback, but the shape was because they had to "make it by hand" and complex curves were either hard to simulate or make to the specifications.
Which is why the B2 has all kinds of really smooth curves.
Then again, I could be completely fucking wrong, and I'm mis-remembering things, or just made it up in my head. I swear I heard that shit on Modern Marvels 12+ years ago though.

In hindsight, I guess I kind of just repeated what you said, just in a different way.
>>
>>975466
>Blender could integrate a cad mode
For true CAD Blender lacks the precision and its polygon engine is completely unfit for CAD in general.
>>
>>975585
Why don't you try drawing this in your stupid fucking parametric engineering quality drafting software. The work looks like the tool and that's all I'm saying.
>>
Man, all this talk about CAD, I just wanna be able to use NURBS to make cars and sweeping organic surface shit like Max. That shit looks so nice to use for that case. Not nice enough to completely swap over to Max, but enough to get a bit frustrated at the Blender devs for implmenting such an eighth-assed feature (because "half-assed" would be giving them too much credit). They got to the point where they could display NURBS surfaces, and just stopped there. "Yup, that's a wrap people".
>>
File: vbxeer4Lw.jpg (253 KB, 1600x935)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
A nice wabi-sabi dining room, right?
>>
>>975897
Not even Chair anon, but I wouldn't sit in any of those. The chairs especially. Holy shit it's just asking for back pain.
>>
>>975897
Those are marble stools there are many providers of those. Dining seating are Suit Chairs made by Artifort and go for $1500 euro a pop. They are fucking disgusting but pretty confortable.
>>
>>975936
In my humble opinion.. yeah not worth it.
>>
File: 1702142692060418.jpg (478 KB, 1474x1694)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
do all threads on /3/ have to devolve into blender-fags (aka blender-poors) coping & seething?
>>
>>978217
Unfortunately yes.
>>
>>978217
I just want to slide my knob over that dome.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.