[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1535944505008.gif (2.67 MB, 320x320)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB GIF
Whenever I get the timing on an animation just right it "clicks" and causes that autism-soothing feel. Anyone else feeling that?
>>
>>977647
If I spot a jerky motion in my animation I scrutinize the graphview around the time of the jerk to isolate what corresponds to the issue and smooth out the transitions.
I also spend a lot of time visualizing the curves in 3-space a lot and make sure they're spatially and temporally continuous.

Once you know your tools you won't need to burn any of your precious autism on getting something right you can solve analytically.
I only employ the full power of my tism when I find myself up against walls none can tell me how to scale.

Tism' is like a mana pool, you can only burn so much of it before you gotta replenish it.
But I know of what you speak. You get this intellectual goon face going when you're deep in a multi-day session and finally break new ground for that sweet release braingasm.
>>
>>977653
Very well put
>>
>>977647
Im pretty sure autism isint the only source of feelings of satisfaction from a job well done but yes fair point.
>>
>>977647
>he tried to become a professional artist and isnt autistic
Your normies ruined the industry
>>
>>978439
What are some things I can do to enhance or increase my autism?

I started wearing my socks inside out because they are smoother on the exterior side and feel super comfy and I was told it was very autistic to wear socks this way.
I also brush my teeth with my off hand for added difficulty to improve ambidextrous performance.

I wish to learn more things I can engage with to grow a stronger tism, show me your power.
>>
I think I'm a bit retarded, unironically.
It's like my brain has difficulties recognizing if what the eyes see is in PERFECT sync with what the ears hear. Of course roughly I get this done or with something easy like hand clapping.
But for example an animation of someone rapidly sitting down on a chair, that moment of impact and the SOFT *thump*, shit like this I always doubt and it is driving me nuts. I always feel like I want it to be PERFECT but it never is. I often even try to sync it visually using waveform as aid but that's also not reliable with softer sounds. Pretty sure to most others this is a non issue and most don't even think twice after syncing shit like this up but I really do feel autistic about this shit
>>
>>978491
You're not evolved to have perfect temporal experience of sound and vision as visual information arrive at the speed of light while audio arrive at the speed of sound.
Your brain is evolved to account for this and as long as audio incur within a specific window of an action you will experience the vision and audio as simultaneous even tho they're not.

Have a friend clap his hands and walk away from him backwards in a open otherwise silent space and you will experience his claps and his hands appear to be in perfect sync til suddenly
the audio and the visuals become un-synced, that's not what happened physically but that is how your brain will piece it together for you.
>>
>>978491
>>978493

You syncing the soft sounding audio too perfect may be what causes your issue, you get that same effect as when they line up explosions in movies
and it feels fake because you see the flame and hear the bang at the same time instead of with the expected delay.

Try playing the soft sound later than when the impact visually occur. Things like sitting down doesn't produce
sound at the time of contact but when the characters mass loads up the ischial tuberosity or 'sit bones'.
That probably happen some ~300 milliseconds after first sign of visual contact if one sit down calmly.
>>
>>978440
>I started wearing my socks inside out because they are smoother on the exterior side and feel super comfy and I was told it was very autistic to wear socks this way.
Nah, there's no fuckin way that's a tism trait. I've been doing that shit for years. The fucking seam always tickles that area right under my toenail and it infuriates the fuck out of me. Are people gonna say being annoyed by a pebble in your shoe is autistic too? Or a scratchy tag on a shirt?
I'm convinced the sock seam is just a byproduct of cheap manufacturing practices for making socks. I guarantee if you get a pair of REALLY nice socks they don't have the seam. I'm perfectly fucking sociable with no "classic" autistic traits, but damn does that seam get on my nerves.
I know some people find it gross, but I just opt to not wear socks if I can help it. Don't really see the issue if I shower every day anyway, and it's not like socks are some magical barrier that keep the insides of shoes pristine in the first place.

Though now that I've just gone on an autistic rant about socks, maybe I should be concerned.
>>
>>978495
You don't have to be some 'full spectrum warrior' to be on the spectrum.
The way you wear your socks alone wont cause autism but it can serve as flange on the scaffolding that underpins unlocking ones full potential.
>>
File: 0001-0460.webm (1.15 MB, 640x480)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB WEBM
>>
File: 0001-0550.webm (1.36 MB, 640x480)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB WEBM
>>
>>978535
>>978537
the clothes dont even move. This doesnt cut it anymore.
>>
>>978538
It's Female 01 from Microsoft Rocketbox and it's one piece. I'm trying to make the Blender FBX import work but I don't think it's working. I'm going to try ASSIMP but then again it may make things worse.
>>
>>978543
You should try making a character for unreal engine
>>
>>978544
You should try Microsoft Rocketbox. It's highly skibidi. The characters themselves work, but unfortunately the pre-made animation loops and facial expressions don't work well in Blender.
Basically if I can't solve this issue, my workflow is going to be limited and not up to industry standards.
>>
File: 0001-0731.webm (2.32 MB, 640x480)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
I still have an issue because the starting pose of the animation is not the rest position of the model. Maybe I can fix that in the NLA editor.
>>
File: 0001-0731.webm (2.72 MB, 640x480)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
I couldn't do what I wanted n the NLA editor but I've managed to lock the rotation of the shoulders.
>>
File: 0001-0731.webm (2.78 MB, 640x480)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
And just in case you want to see "the wires" of a professional model. Quads are ambiguous primitives that don't render or deform well.
>>
>>978579
>Quads are ambiguous primitives that don't render or deform well.

That whole model is quaded anon.. and you did not make it since you don't know that.
>>
>>978583
I just said it's from Microsoft Rocketbox and there are 0 quads.
>>
>>978583
Not only that. There is no Subdivision modifier. It's just that it was made with proper primitives (triangles) using proper software (3DS MAX).
The level of delusion you ALL QUADS Blender people have is astonishing to me. You deny the evidence even when you have it in front of your eyes. But then again, you have to or you would have to admit that you were wrong and that's unacceptable, right?
>>
File: isoline.jpg (199 KB, 1395x785)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>978584
>>978585

It's all quads, exporters just delete isoline information as that is only there for the human author and not something the machine uses.
I'm on max anon.. look here's my characters hand as you can see it's all quaded.

I disable the isoline display by toggling 'edges only' it'll draw both triangles of each quad for me.
Perhaps it's time to stop using 'proper software' and focus on 'proper learning' instead.
>>
>>978588
Does it even matter if your model is made of quads? What even is an "isoline"? The model I've shown is still made of triangles.
>>
File: all_tris.jpg (333 KB, 1440x830)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>978588
Is there something you don't understand about pic related? Also, your "proper learning" is a grift.
>>
File: quadsquads.jpg (185 KB, 698x618)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>Does it even matter if your model is made of quads?
Yes. There are many reasons for why we build quaded surfaces with clean loops and edgeflow.

>What even is an "isoline"?
isoline display is a term for how 3D editors hide the non-edge triangles of polygons from the author of surfaces to enhance how the mesh is read and organzied by the human operator.

>The model I've shown is still made of triangles.

All polygon meshes in software like maya, max blender etc are always composed of triangles.
pairing two triangles together is what creates a quad. The author of your model built it using quads.
When you rip a model from a game engine or expeort it it to engines in certain file formats information on what edges are isoline is discarded as
it's now junk data since the file is only supposed to be machine read from now on.

You had access to the original file of the artist you'd be looking at a quaded model.
pic related highlights what's going on there.

You look at how the surface is organized you can reconstruct what the quadflow would've looked like during construction.
>>
>>978595
>You had access to the original file of the artist you'd be looking at a quaded model.
I don't have access to the original file and it doesn't matter if at some point some of it was made of pentagons.
In Blender I'm animating a model made of triangles. It doesn't matter if you see quads everywhere. They're still triangles.
>>
>>978596
Well you've been informed anon. If you chose to stay retarded past this point it's by your own volition.
>>
>>978597
Look, I think I understand what you mean by "isoline" but whether the original file carries information about triangles grouping into quads, that's not supported in Blender.
>>
>>978598
Not that anon, but quads are exported to triangles for more easy use in other things like game engines. That doesn't mean that the modeller made the model triangle by triangle, but that each square just gets a diagonal through it (the "isoline" that anon was saying).
Technically speaking, even your 3d modelling programs split squares/quads into triangles (you can see this by taking a quad and moving a corner in a way that breaks the square and seeing the middle bend), but to make it visually easy and cleaner to work with, those splits aren't shown. They're still there, and the program still sees those quads as triangles.
When you're working with quads, you're still working with triangles, but 2 at a time.

When you get a triangulated model, it's because it's been triangulated manually to make sure it deforms correctly (since some quad splits might make bad shading so you pick those yourself), or like the other anon said, it's a file from a game engine, meant to be exported to a game engine, or similar.
So basically, there's no inherent "advantage" by deforming a triangulated model, as by default even a quad model is triangulated when deforming. You're deforming the same model, just not displaying those diagonal edges.
The only "edge case" (hehe), is when you have a manually triangulated model to prevent shading errors in specific places, but that's generally rare and mostly used in extremely low-poly models.

So yeah.
TL:DR - you're both right, in a way. I just think there's some miscommunication between the two of you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.