[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dzdz.png (923 KB, 999x579)
923 KB
923 KB PNG
Hello 3DCG, i'd appreciate some help learning about 3D, specifically animation. i don't know much yet, but i'm trying to learn and i had 2 questions. thank you

there was this app I remember which converted footage into 3D rendered environments. i'm not looking for quality or anything professional, i just want to quickly convert images into these low poly, weird 3D like pic rel

pic came from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evOpfRkZjDM
check it out, it has that distorted, low quality, low polygon look i'm trying to recreate. and if i'm not mistaken they used that app. any recommendations are welcome

i'd also like to know which programs experts here recommend to beginners getting into 3D, specifically animation. i read the sticky and it seems to be more oriented towards modeling. so as a beginner looking primarily to composite scenes, import low poly models, some light character animation & do some basic camera work, which program would you recommend? maybe some underground, lesser known, older programs that you see people rarely mention? i'm open to anything, i played around with Bryce 3D and it's pretty incredible

thank you!
>>
>>982063
make a few pics from different yet close camera angles and pretty much most 3d software will turn it into a cgi scene
>how
idk, but it is there, so learn it
>>
the video you've linked is the result of bad photogrammetry - there are a bunch of different applications out there that perform similarly
if you don't give too much of a fuck and are diy (you seem like the type), you should look at phone apps that will get you results like that straight from your phone - again, the word you're looking for is photogrammetry - usually people try for high quality results, but if your settings are low you'll get results like the ones you want

you should just use blender as your dcc for now (it won't do the photogrammetry, you'll need to do that somewhere else and import the files in), you can get results like your vid pretty easily. plenty of resources out there. you might be tempted to learn some hipster shit and yeah that's fun, but you won't go far in /3/ without solid foundations. do the boring normie stuff first.
>>
>>982065
"photogrammetry" that's extremely useful in my search, thank you!
>>
>>982077
Photogr

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.