[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any sort of Blender add-on that converts it to using sketch/constraint-based CSG style tools?
Blender-style tools are absolute garbage for hard surface compared to basic CAD
>>
>>984692
I gave up on Blender, it's good for donuts, that's it.
I wish there was a good CAD addon, but it seems people who need stuff like that eventually just pay for real CAD software.

Fuck the donut tutorial guy btw, I hate him so much.
>>
>>984692
Blender can not do CAD or anything related with CAD. The developer team refused to create one, they absolutely dont know how to make one.
>>
>>984692
>ITT codelets who massively underestimate the complexity of writing and maintaining a CAD kernel but still want others to do it for them
start writing code, faggots
>>
File: constraints.jpg (164 KB, 622x832)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>984714
I'm not asking for a full solid-geometry CAD suite in blender, that'd be an absurd amount of work for something that could never compete with purpose-built CAD software.
I just want some ported CAD-style tools to make hard-surface simpler. Even just a few simple things like tangent, concentric, and colinear constraints would be massively helpful compared to having to either eyeball everything or use some arcane 20-step method that you have to watch a video tutorial to understand.
>>
>>984733
If you want a non-destructive workflow use geometry nodes, everything else is a crutch.
>>
>>984733
>>984751
Just use FreeCAD Blender developers refuse to implement anything CAD related and stopped progress on their game engine, video editor and UI. You are just wasting time on something that exists elsewhere.
>>
>>984733
>I just want some ported CAD-style tools to make hard-surface simpler
Okay- START WRITING CODE.
>>
>>984692
You have that cad addon, whatever is called but it is not an option
>>
>>984753
Imagine if FreeCAD actually supported common operations like making a fucking offset perimeter
>>
>>984692
ConjureSDF, you should go with Plasticity or Fusion360 instead
>>
>>984733
Opencascade (Freecad) integration was proposed in 2022, ofc nobody took the project, you could try to contact Hans Goudey on blenderchat, he is working on the sculpt mode refactor now so i suppose nothing is planned and he has no time for this, you can take a look at the modeling module too.
https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/issues/100127
https://projects.blender.org/HooglyBoogly
https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/wiki/Module:%20Modeling
>>
>>984733
Wtf is that "tangent" constraint? For ANY 2 circles (which are not one inside another at least) you always have two lines that are "tangent" to both circles. So what is it supposed to do?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.