[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: spoopy_ghost.png (49 KB, 437x497)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Why won't this avatar just stay in a T-Pose? Enforce T-Pose won't fix it. It looks fine in the Mapping tab, but it does this in Muscles & Settings. It resets every time I try to move the bones.
It changes to this whenever I add an animation controller, even if the animation just moves a finger.
>>
>>984939
>Why won't this avatar just stay in a T-Pose?
This 3d model is always horny and her default pose is to give head.
>>
>>984939
Don't know how blender handles such things but that look like it could be the rig-pose. I prefer to rig characters posed like that with pre-bent limbs to the center of the motionrange as well if I use a very naive skeleton.
>>
>>984962
Fuck. I should've specified this is in Unity. The Avatar configuration just shows this instead of the model itself.
I don't really care if it goes into this pose, but it only does this after pressing play, and T-poses when no animations are applied. This makes it a massive pain in the ass to animate. It also translates downwards by about half a metre.
>>
>>984964
>this is in Unity.

Start checking that all the pivots and axis are configured correctly for what your avatar expects them to be or start looking how to reconfigure the avatar to map them as your custom model demands. Unity is Z-forward Y-up with X pointing right, you'll simplify things immensely if your rig is made to reflects this.
>>
>>984964
>It also translates downwards by about half a metre.

Unity prob expects a root bone/node placed at origin that the pelvis is linked to, this is common practice for tracking where ground plane is located for a character. In the absence of this extra bone unity treat your characters pelvis as the root bone and moves it to position zero.
>>
>>984955
Quite the conundrum indeed.
>>
>>985166
Some of my 3d waifus do the same, but I'm rather attractive for a 3d modeler
>>
I gave up and made a T-pose animation, and just let other animations override it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.