[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jangpanho-img-5414.jpg (670 KB, 1920x2273)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
What is this artstyle called? it's between anime and realism like the new final fantasy games and are there any resources/courses for this specific artstyle?
>>
/daz/
>>
>>985465
Learn from Korean artists. They do this type of style
>>
>>985465
Full body sculpting, it’s using the entire body in full detail with clothing included. Not something a noob or blender can create.
>>
>>985465
it is technically called the final fantasy style but it's essentially stylized realism. it is basically 90% realistic and 10% stylized, just go by that you don't really need a guide
>>
>>985465
That's a Korean style, in YouTube there's some tutorials on blender and brush but they are not in English.
>>
>>985467
>>985473
Any recommendations?
>>985472
The thing is when i search for stylized realism all i get is for things like disney or fortnite style
>>
>>985477
>The thing is when i search for stylized realism all i get is for things like disney or fortnite style

Literally just look at the models in the games you like and based yours off of them, you don't need a guide or tutorial to do it.
>>
>>985478
This. You study for fine-arts type realism but then give your spawn very weeb proportions.

I don't hate that style but this here must be pretty much peak uncanny for such a mix.
Lesser or more realism from here and you gain appeal in either direction.
For me this sits pretty much at peak creepy where it's too real to be stylized anime and too anime to be a living person
so it reads like some psycho who has done a bunch of surgery to have a chin wide as a mans knuckle.
>>
>>985477
They are lying to you, its sculpting and Blender can’t do it. Biggest scam the community ever told.
>>
>>985495
https://youtu.be/Ri8DJv1t4iE?si=8fYUIFe22aMtcy11

>Blender can't do it
Just copy a workflow like this OP
>>
>>985518
>Uses premade models
This is why Blender is always being mocked for it’s inability to handle anything.
>>
>>985465
it's called Non-face scanned artstyle
>>
>>985545
Good bait anon, anyways OP do not worry about pre-made models, base models are an industry standard
>>
>>985465
It boils down to making eyes bigger,
Making Irises extra vibrant
Exaggerating eyelash count and/or thickness
Keeping facial features soft
Having lights dedicated to your corneas' specular components
And not saying 'ok that's good enough' when it comes to hair, because you'll actually need to sculpt this shit with care (using your chosen hair system, not literal sculpting). Get very familiar with how your hair modifiers work as they're going to need to be more potent

Other than that it's standard procedure
The model in your isn't 100% there, The later stages of the model need quite a bit of polish but it's nothing to snuff at assuming they did it all themselves.
>>
>>985558
It's about giving an adult female the lips of an infant and a chin that is shaped like an icepick, for some reason people think that is hot when they've consumed too many chinese cartoons.
>>
>>985465
It's called trying to do realism and failing miserably
>>
>>985545
He started by having the primitive shapes blocked out, there's no pre-made models. I know you're baiting, but at the very least have some understanding of what you're gonna bait about.

I recommend you go through the donut tutorial, or take an introductory college course if you're really bent on using maya, it might help you with your trolling efforts.
>>
>>985548
>>985573
No it’s not, those copy cat models in games are NPCs and the main characters are original. Big difference between getting sued and not getting sued. You people aren’t even in the industry so shut up about how your imaginary workflow works.
>>
>>985518
that looks god awful
>>
File: IMG_1791.jpg (332 KB, 900x1600)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>985580
Okay buddy
>>
>>985582
>that hair
Kek
>>
>>985582
nothing in that render looks right
>>
>>985465
It's called Semi-Realism or Semi-Realistic.
>>
>>985465
kitbashing
>>
>>985582
Looks nice anon, not the same style but looks good.
>>
>>985465
That art style is called the westoids worst nightmare.
Because it's full of attractive people.
>>
>>985610
Go make me an iphone, you bug
>>
>>985666
You will never be a woman
>>
>>985465
Capcom.
>>
>>985582
this has all the flaws of a realtime ready asset with none of the perks
>>
>>985680
Based
>>
AI slop style
>>
>>987648
You may be retarded but that just means you fit in.
>>
>>987648
It's not Ai
>>
Here's an easier way. Mess around with DAZ so you can have an easily bodymesh and facemesh that you can alter with slides, then port that shit to Blender to make it look better.

OP's image was probably that exact workflow.
>>
>>985465
>What is this artstyle called?
Chad art
>>
>>985465
Skill.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.