[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: meshy.png (806 KB, 1808x700)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
I was going to learn how to model but I saw there's a text-to-model AI software. It's got textures too.
Has anyone tried this out? How is it?
>>
Buy an ad
>>
>>986254
You are getting replaced. It's fucking over...
>>
>>986266
I don't care about that you faggot, buy an ad.
>>
>Everything has gross stains and weird growths.
It's fun to make aberration monsters but that's about it.
>>
>>986251
>cherry picked examples
>blowup toy style to hide artifacts
>still glitches all over the place
buy an ad
>>
>>986567
AI getting better each day.
>>
>>988859
It's about as good as it gets with LLM, LLM is inherently not AI, there is no though process going on, it just looks at other stuff and then regurgitates something similar
When you think about it, text-to-3d model is not really that different from how you can currently buy models out of marketplaces, except for that the models in the marketplaces don't look like shit.
>>
>>988859
AI can’t make public domain Mickey Mouse because there’s no 3D classical Mickey Mouse. The thing is a scam.
>>
>>986251
Good, if ai has dissuaded you it is obvious you wouldnt have made it from the start
>>
>>989312
> He doesn't know.
After training, circuits/algorithms in the LLM can process brand new data not in the training set and give useful output.
Good topo structure will have similar regularities that will be distilled to circuits in a model, billions are being spent with the bet that everything in the world does.
>>
>>989350
Until i see public domain Mickey mouse as 3D figure, what you’re claiming is nonsense.
>>
Chuds btfo! I'm using this neat thing a lot for my retro artstyle assets. Helps a lot.
>>
>>989350
Yeah it can be trained on new data, you're absolutely right, so what? It's still just a statistical function that gives what statistically should be right, but it has no idea of right or wrong.
>>
>>989399
That means you will be replaced soon, chud. That's the same thing people said in the early medieval ages when printing was invented.
>>
>>989400
No it means it can be filled with toxic waste and become just like Google. These scam companies only copy the original coded content and failed promises. The LLM can not understand the difference between a rabbit and a rabbi because no connection between them exists. Yet you get the error because the LLM doesn’t care about your business.
>>
>>989400
I don't even work with 3d you mong, I work with programming, and I doubt I am about to be replaced there anytime soon either.
>>
>>989403
I use chatgpt to program on my company
I used to pay a few programmers but not anymore.
Soon you will be fully replaced like everyone else
>>
>>989403
Chatgpt makes code monkeys like you obsolete.
>>
>>989410
Chatgpt creates viruses inside the programmed environment because someone taught it to do it every time. https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/research/23/k/a-closer-look-at-chatgpt-s-role-in-automated-malware-creation.html

You are an idiot on the programming side and art. You’re a scammer to us.
>>
>>989407
>>989410
What you use chatgpt for is nothing different from what you could have done with the internet before, people like you think programming is only writing code and implementing algorithms, that's because you're fucking retarded, I won't even bother describing what else goes on.
If my company could get rid of me, they'd so by now, because I am expensive and NOT a code monkey.
>>
>>989437
That's called cope, I know 0 coding and now I can write my own tools
This is what ai bros called democratisation of art, but they forgot about democratisation of code.
>>
>>986251
This fucking shit sucks. Tried generating titta a day ago and it generates fat niggers no matter the prompt.
>>
>>986251
>I was going to learn how to model
You was not going to learn how to model, Cris.
>>
File: file.png (355 KB, 885x660)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>988859
>AI getting better each day.
The problem is hardware.
Hardware will not let you work with the demands of real CGI and everyone in the industry can fart out better simplified models in minutes.
You fucks are on your last legs since AI regulation is coming and the investors who blew ungodly amounts of money into your corporations are getting nervous since they are not seeing a way to get their money back.

Tell that to the investors breathing down your neck.

The 2020s AI craze
1) Promise investors heaven on earth with AI magic
2) Get shit loads of money
3) Use money to hire Africans (yes for real) to manually by hand tag pictures (or in this case models) and feed them into learning algorithms to fart out a AI who basically learned to photo bash only from the content it has stolen.

4) Get access to billions of content under the pretenses of """le research and le non profit"""

5) No monetization. No way to get the investors their money back.

6) Investors get angry
7) MSM 24/7 tells the investors that the AI bubble burst.
8) Get regulation on the horizon to shut down your nonsensical picture stealing.
You are here right now.

See the cyberpunk convenience store it does not even look like a box. This is because for a AI to not fuck up polygons you convert them into voxels....
However voxels are large and impossible to work on current hardware.....
So you reduce the voxel count...
And you feed this reduced voxel count into the training AI ....
And get this crap out.

AI 3D art can not work on modern hardware.
You will run out of investor money to pay your army of Africans who steal content before anything happens. Also regulation will hit you in the face.

PS: This model took me literal minutes to make on my own.
>>
>>988859
One day it might even show you how to buy an ad!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.