[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Adobe-logo.png (30 KB, 3840x2160)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
When are they going to make a proper 3d modelling software?
>>
Judging by fuse, they'll probably just buy out another one.
>>
>>986635
And then kill it off when the realize normies want nothing to do with 3d modelling.
>>
>>986635
Imagine the meltdown if Adobe just buys Blender.
Even a sketchup acquisition would generate so much kvetching it would be funny.
>>
>>986638
Blender would sell themselves, the developers only care about themselves and the money. No matter how much the community fixes certain issues in GitHub or suggest actual improvements, Blender team will always ignore it.
>>
Adobe doesn't make software, they just buy and rebrand existing software, then make it worse.
>>
>>986638
>>986639
You cant buy or sell FOSS
>>
>>986654
That’s where you are wrong kiddo.
> Blender is a registered trademark (®) of the Blender Foundation in EU and USA. The Blender logo itself is property of the Blender Foundation. The logo and the brand name “Blender” are not part of the GNU GPL, and can only be used commercially by the Blender Foundation on products, websites, and publications

Buy Blender brand and everyone will have to visit the Adobe Creative Suite to run the software. They can replace the entire team with their own and stop developing the free software for a paid subscription service. The only reason Blender ever gets updates is because of the company inside Blender, not the users.
>>
>>986670
Emphasis on
>not part of the GNU GPL
The branding belongs to the Blender Foundation, but the software itself is under the GNU GLP license, which means anyone is free to download, modify, or redistribute the software in any manner they desire, but may not use the Blender brand.
Adobe could make their own version of Blender right now without needing to buy any rights, all they would have to do is take a copy of the program, make it worse, require people pay for licenses, then rebrand it. The problem is that no one would use it.
They could purchase the Blender Foundation, but they can't change the license used by previous versions of Blender. If Adobe purchased the Blender Foundation, people would simply make their own fork of the program.
>>
>>986650
this
>>
i wouldn't be surprised if they acquire maxon. it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>986638
Why would Adobe needs to buy blender?
Do you mean the logo and name?
You should read the licence blender it's in.
I can right now distribute the blender software under the name Screwdriver since the license permits me to.
I can make the Screwdriver foundation and pay developers with the donations I receive.
Do you think Adobe would buy the screwdriver foundation from me?
>>
>>986633
Aren't they trying to turn substance painter into a modelling software?
>>
>>986633
>she doesnt know about the old soul Adobe Dimensions (not to be confused with Adobe Dimension, without the "s")
>>
>>987134
No way...
Adobe soul?
Souldobe?
>>
>>987134
I remember this. My dad used to have it on his computer and I would fuck around with it as a kid. Obviously I didn't know what I was doing, nor did I make anything good, but still.
>>
>>986638
this is literally impossible under its license you moron, someone would fork the code in ten minutes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.