[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zg8q7gcd8vp91.png (436 KB, 640x419)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
Been thinking of buying a 3D printer and open a 3D print shop.

Anyone knows if that shit is profitable?
>>
>>988317
No, plastic is over $20 on cheap questionable material. $40 on legit material. Power to run your machine overnight is over $100 if you don’t plan to stop it. So, average price to sell your product is over $150 dollars just to be equal. Shipping costs also contribute towards your business and will increase your loss. All totaling $200 to make a profit.
>>
It can be, but you're competing against a lot of people with a lot more printers, models, reach, and experience. Don't look at a printer and assume it'll print you money by selling useless little knick knacks. It's not the novelty people will spend money on like it used to be. This goes for both fdm and resin printers.
>>
>>988321
>Power to run your machine overnight is over $100
lol are you legit retarded?

>>988317
shop? no. multiple printers printing flexiTM models 24/7 and setting up a table at fleamarket/holiday craft fairs? unlimited funds. you don't even need a bambu just rainbow filaments. the last guy I met was running 20 printers and his shit was AWFUL.
>>
dont be a scrub
you can 3d print injection molds.
forget waiting hours for 1 print. in 1 hour you could shoot 1,000 parts
>>
>>988317
the novelty of FDM (filament) is rubbing off, SLA (resin) does have a market with miniatures and figurine enthusiasts, but it is very saturated and handling liquids is not for everyone, the shit I've seen people do...

I think you can recoup the cost of your printer and some materials if 3D printing is already your hobby, but it's unlikely you could make minimum wage running a farm

>>988357
injection at home is dumb, or you must have a serious market to do it over of epoxy/polyurethane casting
>>
>>988317
>buying a 3D printer and open a 3D print shop
I've been to one of those, they mainly cater to architecture firms and b2b prototypes.
Unless you're getting commercial quality machines that vastly outperform anything consumer grade that's doomed to failure.
See picrel, forget FDM unless it's high performance material, forget SLA.
I'd wager the best bet would be SLS as price has come down for the machines recently and running them is cheap.
>>
>>988378
the price hasn't come down, there's one cheaper SLS machine that's on kickstarter and won't come out for years.
It looks sick though.
>>
>>988409
https://sintratec.com/sls-3d-printer/amp/sintratec-s2/
>>
>>988426
If you have to ask for a quote, it's not affordable.
>>
>>988432
It tells you the rough price right on the site. About the quote that's not applicable, if OP supposedly wants to make a business out if it that's to be expected.
B2B transactions just happen that way, which means you can haggle btw.
>>
>>988433
if he's asking here he's not taking out a business loan to spend $15k on an SLS printer.
>>
>>988321
> Power to run your machine overnight is over $100

this has to be a troll or a child

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.