[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: elvisfinal.png (274 KB, 650x729)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
So, why am I so happy? I usually do humans in sculpt mode which I fucking hate for some reason but I did this mostly in edit mode! How amazing is that! I didn't know I could do it like that and it seems so much easier and I can make heads more accurately!
>>
File: ElvisLowPoly.png (117 KB, 526x633)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Now he's low poly!
>>
>>988349
I didn't have to do retopology whatsoever with this way of modeling humans and shit!
>>
Doesn't really look like Elvis, but I'm glad you're happy with the results. I Typically do things in edit mode first too. And then I touch it up with sculpting tools. And sort of bounce back and forth between edit and sculpt until it looks right. But yeah, they call it "box modelling". It was the standard way of modelling before sculpting really took off. Box modelling can be easier than sculpting, if that's what you're accustomed to. Personally, I find sculpting still useful to quickly smoothing and filling out.

You should work on shaping the eyes and lips. The eye sockets are definitely not done. And Elvis doesn't have stretched out thin lips like those. He has pouty lips.

Also, I'm a topology nerd, so I'll appreciate if you posted the wireframe.
>>
File: yankee0.jpg (140 KB, 1092x614)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Kek, it reminded me of my first sculpt ever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.