[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: v9g1FwC.jpg (224 KB, 1542x1553)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/blender-markets-essential-game-modding-toolkit-software#
is it worth the shekels? lots of potentially useful tools but also a lot of junk.
>>
>>990496
Just pirate the addons if they have em https://www.vfxmed.com/category/blender/
>>
File: Mimicpower.png (336 KB, 640x357)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>990496
This is why you should not use Blender
>>
>>990506
Based
>>
>>990496
how's retopoflow? should I grab it if I'm doing environment art? my workflow rn I retopo my sculpts with decimationmaster and call it a day. can it do triangles instead?
>>
>>990496
>blender
>assets
Do you really need to ask
>>
>Humble Bundle
o7
>>
>>990496
Idk, I'm relatively new, but not a single one 3rd party asset ever worked for any of my purposes. Even materials, even textures.
It feels I always have to do everything from scratch myself to get coherent look. Maybe if you do PBR, you can work with PBR materials though, I'm not interested in photorealistic look.
Even if you don't do PBR there are assets like "stylized castle ruins", what are the chances they are compatible with style your'e working in? Like one in a million?
>>
>>990553
I guess it can be useful to use those as references or inspiration though.
>>
only thing worth it is the better fbx importer and exporter, everything else is slop especially the "blender to unreal" plugins at the bottom. retopoflow only worth it if ur into that stuff, i use zbrush for retopo cuz it can do way more
>>
>>990557
You can literally get the retopoflow for free from their github
>>
>>990496
why does the "Best" 3d software in the world need to many addons to be useable?
>>
>>990553
>but not a single one 3rd party asset ever worked for any of my purposes. Even materials, even textures.
They never do. The only context in which I've found any use for third party assets is usingthem for whiteboxing a game level. If you just need a generic table, locker, whatever, slap a plain white material on the model and use it. But then again, modeling some kind of locker base mesh takes 5 minutes at most.
>>
better FBX exporter doesn't work, it's giving me error22 when I try to install and the windows flags it as a virus then deletes the zip. marketplace page offers no help, wat do
>>
>>990533
>New carpentry tools comes bundled with fully assembled furniture
>>
>>990531
Absolutely fantastic. it blows basically every other retopo tool out of the water. It's a bit fucky but they're currently working on making it work in edit mode instead of transferring to it's own mode.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.