[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

How can I eliminate these artifacts?
I need to have additional quads in that part of the dress because it stretches a lot when rigging
All of these are quads
>>
Let me reword my question, the OP barely makes sense:
Is this the correct way to handle this? I'm getting some lighting artifacts when turning on smooth shading, so my guess is on.
>>
>>990502
>>990503
SubD shit is pinching hell on surfaces that aren't flat when polys things aren't straight rows and columns of quads. Artefacts in such surfaces will borderline always exist and are just a matter of minimizing their appearance. Easy solution is to have a higher poly base.

Divide your whole model, and revert areas that don't need the extra rez back to the grid like structure (do them in whatever order you think is best for each area). Artefacts should be less noticeable in the areas you keep non gridded after some tweaking.
All that said, maybe wait for some others to give their thoughts, I'm not 100% sure that this is the best thing to do
>>
>>990510
Ignore pic related, was going to say something else lol
>>
>>990502
Cris please stop, you've messed up topology of a fucking cylinder
>>
>>990502
>it stetches a lot when rigging
the hell? can't you just have more geometry for the for the dress overall?
>>
>>990519
thats the issue, I'm not sure
its for my own vidya, and I'm aiming for low-spec compatiblity

>>990510
I think I found the solution, I just needed some sleep
>>
File: topology.png (47 KB, 1048x522)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>990502
>>990527
if that's your highpolycage, do the left version
if it's your lowpoly, do the right version

there is nothing wrong with using ngons and tris in your subdivision cage as long as you're aware what they're doing. Tris pinch, ngons sag, that's it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.