[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721825265459768.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1278)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
(You) use blender because its free as in free beer.
I use blender because its free as in freedom.
We are not the same.
>>
you can code whatever you want into maya with python and mel too.
>>
>>990687
Maya is spyware and I can't modify it, study it or freely distribute it.
>>
File: 1694439015647528.jpg (11 KB, 217x229)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
I use Blender because dicking around in it is fun to me
>>
>>990690
Neither can blender, 30 years and still FBX is nothing but a lie to trick the Maya software. A million dollar company couldn’t care about paying the small fee that they owe to Autodesk. Hundreds of FBX files can be fix, all of the problems with exporting and importing can be solved. Nope, Blender developers refuse to lose money.
>>
>>990697
This is the actual dumbest take I've ever seen. use GLTF you fucking loser.
>>
>>990697
Jewdesk dosen't want to open FBX so its their problem.
>>
>>990698
GLTF isn’t created for animation, look at the stupid anon who can’t understand basic concepts and coding rules that are in place to help animation creators not hurt them like Blender.
>>
>>990690
your processor is spying on you. you can modify and study it all you want. it's all MEL. Loads of people freely distribute maya. you must be a pussy.
>>
>>990722
I have librebooted thinkpad so it dosent.
I pirate every thing so I am not a pussy. Maya probably has terrible GNU/Linux support.
>>
>>990683
I use Blender because it's actually good.
>>
>>990732
It’s so bad that fork Blender developers like Bforartist are finding plugins unable to work. Blender is forcing users to choose their Blender instead of fork Blender. That’s very anti competitive, this is the same egotistical behavior you should expect from Blender developers.
>>
Reminder to everyone to filter all mentions of maya when on /3/
>>
>>990733
>Bforartist
lmao, a fork just to make modeling half as fast because shitters can't into hotkeys, good riddance
>>
>>990740
Don’t defend Blender ecosystem like Steam or Apple. Nothing good comes out of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.