[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: R.jpg (43 KB, 1600x1000)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I'm having to purchase Zbrush for school, and have settled on the subscription liscence, but only for a while. It baffles me that Zbrush, or rather Maxon, requires so much goddamn information about you just to be able to purchase it. Did everyone else go through this? Is there a way around it? A school ID I'd understand, but it asks for your drivers liscense and a video of you turning your head. Without suggesting an alternative like Blender, is there a way around this? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?
>>
Ask a Indian on fiverr to do it. Not even joking. Find an alternative payment method not linked to your name too
>>
if you have an edu email there isnt a student discount?
And why do you "need" to "buy" it? Are they checking?
>>
>>993435
You can still buy the perpetual off one of their recommended 3rd party dealers btw
>>
>>993435
Buying Zbrush? What are you talking about?
>>
people were abusing the edu license for redshift
maxon, being maxon has clamped down on this and most of these >>993441 sort of accounts got shut down
and now op is having his face analysed by those same indians
just pirate it
>>
>>993445
They do have a student discount, it's only $60/year which is a good price. I was debating between that and the perpetual liscense. My biggest problem is that you HAVE to provide a form of ID and a video of yourself, no matter which one you buy. I have no clue why they do this, it's stupid. No other software I've had to use does this.

And no, I don't "need" to "buy" it, if I can find a reliable way to pirate it I think that'd be fine. It's advised to get version 2022.0.8 though, so buying it would probably be easiest. I just hate that you have to provide so much info for it and was hoping someone here might have a work around.
>>
>>993480
If getting the perpetual license from a recommended 3rd party doesn't require all the ID bs, I'd be very interested in trying that. I've heard ToolFarm recommended before, is that good/reliable?

>>993496
Pirate it from where? Forgive me for being inexperienced, I don't pirate stuff all that often lol
>>
>>993531
Catch an invite from some peers in cg for a torrent site
>>
>>993531
I used novedge for mine. I don’t remember having to really give anything other than an email address to Maxon once I signed up, but I could be wrong. I know I didn’t have to give an ID or anything.
>>
>>993536
Are there any other good ways to do it? Any resources I can go to?

>>993544
I might have to do that then if they don't require an ID. That or ToolFarm. Tbh I still don't understand the point of a reseller that's authorized by Maxon. But thank you, I'll look at it.
>>
>>993435
stupid question but can you do claymation with zbrush?
>>
>>993708
you cant
>>
>>993708
You can do that with any program. Its just a bunch of posing and rendering frames

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.