[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2997.jpg (571 KB, 1179x875)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
I’m a femanon and I go college but I don’t interact with anyone there. Not due to bad anxiety. I just really want one friend I could have a conversation with or laugh with. There’s people in my class but they know I’m behind on work so they just avoid me and I know I won’t fit in with none of them. It feels like I’m doomed to be stuck alone forever. I haven’t had an actual friend for 3 years. Well I have a friend but she only talks about her and her toxic boyfriend. So it gets boring talking to her. I use social apps but it’s hard to find female friends since they always leave me opened. I’m not sure what else I can do either just focus on my “future” idk. Most of my teens I rotted every single summer in bed scrolling on 4chan, tik tok, etc watching or stalking other people from my old school have fun. While I just resent myself for not being able to fit in.
>>
>>31082351
Male here, same question. And don't say "hobbies" because I legitimately only have about 2 hours of free time after dark each day so I don't have the luxury of hobbies.
>>
Join a study group for your major.
If you live in the dorms, your roommate is almost a captive friend or else meet your neighbors.
On weekends, drink and talk to other drunk people.
Join one of the many clubs offered to students.
For the few semesters I was in uni, I lived in the dorms. The house I was in was reserved for other students in my major. Check if your uni offers something like that for next semester.
All the students I lived with were in STEM so we were all nerdy as fuck and bonded over vidya.
>>
>>31082351
You can kind of judge books by their cover. I am a literal assburger, so I approached some guy that looked like an autistic dweeb and talked to him about random shit we had in common like classes we took. He acted aloof and cold, which, for me, is a defense mechanism, so I said, "what's wrong, don't you want to be friends?" And then he opened up and we started hanging out all the time. And obviously, he was 100% an autistic dweeb, although less of one than me, which is surprising because he looks the part way more than I do.

Anyways, approach people who seem like "your" people, be persistent and open, and don't be afraid of rejection. You're trying to make friends, not find a date, so there's a lot less pressure. If somebody blows you off or is rude, then fuck them anyway, just move on. There's nothing to be ashamed of by wanting or trying to make friends.

This advice is just on my personal experience when I was in college, your mileage may vary.

>>31082360
Honestly if you only ever have 2 miles of free time tops "after dark" just give up on having friends, your only friend is your grind.
>>
>>31082351
Hey im a femanon who was in the same boat. I made my first real friend now in my junior year (I am also really insecure about being behind in class lol?) I guess I cant give the best advice because I made my friend so late but from what I learned, stop being insecure! It really holds you back, and you wouldn't want to be friends with an insecure person, right? And be yourself (if youre fun to be with) so you can reach likeminded people. My friend is also super lonely but we genuinely clicked (and she's also the top student so she helps me!).

>>31082583
> approach people who seem like "your" people
I think this is something much easier for boys to do. girls can be complicated and retarded.
>>
>>31082351
that's the kicker, you don't. most ppl aren't genuine and get into friendships for either ulterior motives or cuz they view you as a social stepping stone. unfortunately most of us anons won't find other giga autists who will accept us for who we are and vice versa. i have my forever friend and we're very dissimilar but since we're both incel adjacent infp's then it all works out.
>>
>>31082351
You don't make friends. You make acquaintances and over time some of them develop into friends.
>>
>>31083513
Every time I talk to people it just goes no where. I feel like I give up.
>>
>>31082351
where from? and why do you not fit in in your opinion, other than being lonely and using 4chan?
t. europe femnon with the same situation
>>
>>31082820
That’s great that you have made a friend. Better late than never. My problem is maintaining the friendship on both sides like after a while the friend I made we won’t even talk to each other anymore. So that’s what I struggle with. I feel like I give up because it goes no where. It’s always like this whenever I talk to someone new or whatever. Maybe I seem insecure or retarded autistic idiot idk. I try not to be like I am aware to not seem like a loser and actually talk. I can have conversations with people and be funny. But I just don’t care anymore what’s the point of giving a shit.
>>
Hate to be samefagging but god i wish i knew too. My relationships go nowhere, people i find cool don't give a fuck about me and i only get approached first by people who want to use me for something. I know that i just have to meet a fuck ton of people until i find someone worthwhile but it gets exhausting sometimes.
>>
>>31084494
I currently live in Britain and I grew up here. But the reason why I think I don’t fit in is that I moved to 7 schools in all my life. Also 2-3 years ago I lived in a completely different area in the uk than now. So I struggle with maintaining friends because my mindset is one day we won’t speak again as I’m used to it. Due to social isolation it probably makes me feel more unlikeable to my peers. So now I just binge watch Netflix, scroll 4chan stuff like that. Sometimes I appreciate just having this life other times I feel regret that I’m not being productive as this is the age to start working and go gym and push myself. But I do know not everything I want to achieve will fall in my life at once. But all that time is wasted and I just imagine myself working a shit job. Which I’m most likely destined for.
>>
>it goes nowhere
>won't fit in
>maintaining the friendship
You need an excuse to see these groups of people in person at least twice a week. In college, 3-4 times.
Then build rapport based on stuff that happens, updates, day to day.
It fails if people feel like you are wasting their time, like being super behind in class hurts being in group study. Pivot to bullshit clubs instead.

It's only over if you're a very clear sperg who has to clap their hands and run around the room every 5 minutes, or pause and stutter all the time like an autist.
>>
>>31082351
Kind of weird how this pic is so old that everyone in it is dead
>>
>>31088637
How did the girls die
>>
>>31082351
project groups, anything seems forces besides clubs.
>>
>go to things you're interested in
>better yet, go to things that you're passionate about
>find likeminded people without even having to try that hard
>be polite and friendly
>engage them over your mutual interests and passions
I know that sounds over-simplified, but it really is that easy.
>>
>>31082351
The hard way? Through the struggles of life via helping each other
The easy way? Drugs
>>
>>31082351
I’ll be ur friend bae ;)
>>
>>31086572
London? (no seriously, not trying to rizz you up don't worry)
I'm from London and holy fucking shit I am LONELY. It's basically wall to wall nepo babies in post punk bands, no disrespect to them because they're always polite and respectful to me but I cannot relate at all. All my friends are international students that end up moving away, or people who don't fit in (like me) who I end up falling out with due to us both being turbulent and neurotic
I'm thinking of moving somewhere smaller and with a younger median age so that it's easier for me to make friends, London's upsides aren't worth the downsides
Sorry for the blogpost fren
>>
>>31088637
rip zyzz
>>
>>31082351
You will never find genuine friends.
If you already have trouble making friends as an adult it's all over for you. Kids and teens have that attitude where they'll see another kid sitting alone and try to talk with them. Adults do no such thing.
A normal adult can tell you have no friends at a glance, and immediately tags you subconsciously. They will be "friendly", perhaps even open and inviting, should you two have to interact due to circumstances. But make no mistake, you are an acquaintance they have no interest in developing. And they'll be fishing for any insecurities, any quirks, anything they can use to catalog you further, to further separate you into the "can make some conversation to pass the time but, do not add to social circle" and "make small talk, avoid otherwise" groups.
An adult will not take pity on you. An adult will not see how lonely you are. An adult will judge you thrice as harshly as even the meanest school bully would, and smile while doing it.

Sorry, femanon. Learn to live with it.
>>
>>31093193
Sincerely rip
>>
>>31082351
I hope you fucking die. Die alone and miserable like all other racetraitor cunt holes.
>>
>>31097804
R9k is two doors down faggot
>>
>>31093549
You can't live without friends. People without friends die earlier. You need them for an optimal life.
>>
>>31097811
The drop is 30 feet down, bitch.
>>
>>31082360
Here is an idea: A meetup group for 4chan chuds. This would solve all of our problems. The fact is, people on this site will never be able to relate to normies. You cannot even say “nigger” around them. I think chuds should stick together and start creating groups like we did in the old days.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.