[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dnbjdnjdsjsd.jpg (1.47 MB, 3120x2952)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
is it a good idea to use it?

i'm a high school student(18 years old) i want to kill myself out of fear of failing this year ,i keep forgetting what i learned and i struggle mostly with biology , should i keep studying even with the possibility of being stupid?
i keep doubting my intelligence and i see no point of staying alive if i'm stupid

the only thing i accomplished this year is fixing my english and arabic handwriting picrel ,,i think i might be retarded because i take longer time to learn some stuff , how do i know if i'm retarded or not?
>>
>>31092112
Your handwriting is lovely. You shouldn't kill yourself.

It's easy to overvalue "smart." Some of the least enviable people I know are "smart."
>>
>>31092132
thank you , it took me around 2 years to get good at writing
being smart is easily the most important quality , it allows you to study complicated stuff and to be more useful
>>
>>31092112
I can totally read you handwriting. You’re waay ahead of America’s zoomers but go ahead, if you wanna.
>>
>>31092112
You strike me as a perfectionist. I used to be the same. You feel as though every aspect of everything you do needs to be perfect, but in reality this just causes you to waste time on developing skills that are not worthwhile. Things like nice handwriting good and all, but it's a bit useless, a waste of time that could be spent learning or doing something better, like practising maths for example. If you want to do well in school and be smart, think of that and only that, focus on trying to learn the material and doing well in the coursework and exams, so you practise these things and all you really have to do is try very hard at it. Spending time thinking about how your handwriting, presentation, organisation, ect. needs to be perfect might only get in the way of actual performance, sure these things are useful, but they're secondary to doing the actual work, don't overcomplicate it. Complications often only serve as a distraction. It can be good to spare a thought or two to these sorts of things, but you're better of focusing on just trying to learn for the most part. You do this by simply showing up being there, and paying attention to what is being said, even if you feel as if its not going in. All you have to do is put the effort in.

Learning isn't easy for anyone and it does take time, it's really hard to judge the exact rate at which someone learns because thoughts can take months before the fully crystallise.You're better off not trying to judge things you can't really know for a fact, it's a waste of time and energy, and often only serves to build a negative mindset. So just try to think more positvely about things, you might find it improves your performace when you learn to be happier.
>>
>>31092208
OP listen to this anon. he's right and a good soul. you're most likely much smarter than you think
>>
>>31092112
Obviously you don’t want to kill your self else why would you make this post. You can find out about any type of suicide online by googling it.
>>
>>31092208
thank you very much for this reply , i think i now know what i was doing wrong
>>
File: 84756.png (21 KB, 961x109)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>31092248
>Obviously you don’t want to kill your self else why would you make this post.
that doesn't tell anything about my willingness to kill myself , look i found this example on wikipedia
>>
>>31092112
Lol no. You grow to learn how inconsequential so much of this part of your life is.cl to throw away 60 years of potential greatness over 1 year of hardship is dumb as fuck
>>
>>31092153
>being smart is easily the most important quality , it allows you to study complicated stuff and to be more useful
Have you ever met a smart person who was obnoxious, undignified, lazy, childish, or self-pitying? If so, did you really envy them?
>>
>>31092455
>obnoxious, undignified, lazy, childish, or self-pitying
all of those describe me , i never envied anyone but having the quality of being smart would be redeeming for me
>>
>>31092657
If you're actually obnoxious, undignified, lazy, childish, and self-pitying, I don't think that being "smart" will help you. I think it's tempting to pick something that's out of reach and say "If only I had that, my life would be good. But I can never have it, so therefore I'm cursed with a shitty life and I can't do anything about it."
>>
>>31092730
yes you're probably right , and i'm not actually obnoxious, undignified, lazy, childish, and self-pitying, i for some reason insulted myself
>>
>>31092112
I failed and got held back three times, one in second grade, seventh, and again in 11th grade. Sounds like you're overreacting, but if you're not used to it, I can get how it'd be demoralizing. That said, ask for help from your teachers if you need it, no shame in needing it. It's because of that that I was able to graduate, albeit realistically speaking, they pretty much just gave me my diploma and likely couldn't keep me held back much longer in the U.S. Such is the state of many in American education (assuming you are in the states).

If you're bothered by it so much, get yourself cognitively evaluated, but it's not cheap. Many such cases of high iqs doing poorly, not to suggest I'm one of them, more to point out that it alone isn't a factor in your success. Even if by some measure you're low IQ, clearly, it wasn't enough to stop you from getting to where you're at.
If it makes you feel better, English is my main language and I write like a second grader. Your handwriting is very nice and clean.
Don't intend to come off as blunt or rude if I do, anon. I pray for your success. You can do it.
>>
>>31092959
This might be inapplicable to you, but the best thing I ever did for myself was joining the Peace Corps. It was horribly difficult, both physically and psychologically, but I emerged a much stronger person. Often I look back at my pre-Peace Corps self and think, "Who was that petulant manchild?"

Maybe you can find a way to subject yourself to a severe challenge like this, of the kind that might help you transform into a stronger and more life-affirming person. Frankly I would be amazed if your problems were really a result of not being smart enough.
>>
>>31092981
that's a good advice, thank you
>>
>>31092112
You weakling. At least kill yourself when you have it your all and still failed to pass. But don't kill yourself without an attempt. Fight
>>
>>31093112
ok
>>
bump
>>
>>31092112
Brother this is not the end, not even if you fail. Do something to calm your nerves, go outside, seek nature. Your fears will pass and you will grow up, treat this as a temporary issue.
>>
File: 1692583713985570.gif (3.71 MB, 360x270)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB GIF
>>31092112
The whole point of school is to try and force students to score 100% on tests. But that's obviously the shittest most retarded way to track intelligence, probably designed by someone who failed everything when they were in school themselves. No-one scores 100% on everything. I never did it and you won't either. That's fine. The problem is that this expectation is gaslighting you into thinking you're retarded when in reality you're normal.

It's just a shitty system. Don't think about it too hard and you'll be fine. Ask your parents for the worst results they ever got on a test/assignment. Then ask them if there were actually any consequences lol
>>
>>31092112

You youngsters fail to comprehend that everything has a growth process, including your brain. You won't even give your mind a chance to grow to maturity without wanting to end your life ffs. Just because you haven't reached a certain mental peak at this moment in life yet doesn't mean that you're permanently stuck there. Your brain is still going through a growth process. Wisdom and intellect sometimes comes with age.

The same way you allowed yourself to slowly but surely master a second language, is the same way you need to allow yourself to master anything else in life. Even if the process seems slow, you will learn it eventually. Up until suddenly you're acting like a professional at it.
>>
>>31092112
Most people do die of coalburning, whether it be the AIDS or domestic violence or the slow spiritual death of being a single mother.
>>
>>31092112
Let me tell you something, anon: stupidity is a meme. If you don't have literal down's syndrome you can be very successful just by not being lazy.

>>31092153
Garbagemen don't need brains to do their job and our cities would be covered in trash if it wasn't for them.

Meanwhile, the smartest person I know (speaks 10 languages fluently, math genius, etc) is currently homeless due to crippling autism and spends his time playing with his dog's corpse (it died a month ago but he's too autistic to get rid of it). You don't want to be like that.
>>
>>31096776
true
>>
>>31092112
Don't kill yourself kid. I remember what it's like to be your age you think school is everything. It's not. You'll look back one day and realize that none of this mattered.
>>
>>31092112
Lmao school is literally worthless your grades don't even matter. They have never mattered for getting any job in my life.

>i keep doubting my intelligence
Education has nothing to do with intelligence.
>>
>>31097237
i'm afraid of my perants reaction if i failed
>>
>>31092112
Are you a woman?
the only people I know who write well are women.
Also I need to know whether or not to care.
The truth is I don't really care but I don't like pussy getting wasted and I want to have sex with it instead of it being wasted.
>>
>>31097733
>Are you a woman?
no
>>
>>31097744
Eh too bad. Alright well see you tomorrow faggot.
>>
>>31097758
Kek. Straight to the point eh
>>
>>31097758
lol
>>
>>31097758
why are you like this?
>>
Hey man, I like your handwriting. May I ask you which country you're from?
>>
>>31097899
i don't want to disclose ,but it's a muslim arab country in the middle east
>>
>>31097758
Based, males can do a flip. Less competition for me!
>>
>>31092112
Don't do that, dude. You're going through totally normal young person shit, I promise you. The world becomes easier to navigate and not so scary as you get older, don't worry. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't get down on yourself. It will all work out, whatever happens.
>>
>>31092112
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition

You don't have to have perfect knowledge on any specific thing. In the real world you will always have reference material. School is an artificial environment that prioritizes the absolute wrong thing. Do your best and don't worry about grades.
>>
>>31096776
that person sounds so fucking cool

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.