[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1691985387386.gif (163 KB, 370x374)
163 KB
163 KB GIF
today I had my last driving lesson, I never had any major problems while driving around the city, but today I've committed an extremely serious error while driving. serious to the point the instructor yelled at me, threatened to finish my lesson halfway through it, and spent the rest of the lesson in total silence, and only replying to my questions in irony and anger. The error I did was purely by lack of attention to the traffic, and put us both in danger. all other errors I did were also exclusively by lack of attention, not for bad technique or something. is it too dangerous for someone like me to drive? I never know when I'll lose attention. I'll have my last driving license exam tomorrow, I'll do it regardless of how safe it is for me to drive, but I don't know if I'll effectively drive after that.
>>
>>31130088
Rope yourself for posting the same shit with the same tranime as your last thread.
>>
>>31130132
>the same shit with the same tranime as your last thread.
what? I've never posted anything like this. didn't even see a thread like this here
>>
it isn't safe for anyone to drive.
>>
>>31130088
It's not really about if people with ADHD are safe to drive and more about if you personally are safe to drive. You had several failures that could have been disastrous. You sound unsure of yourself and like you've lost trust in yourself. You should really avoid driving until you've got a better grasp on this.

I personally have had some attentional issues with driving too. Not to your extreme. But I take steps to be careful about it. It shows up the most in new areas. With lots of new information coming in, I don't know what's important to look at like how I do in my familiar roads. In my roads I know when to expect the stop lights, the side walks, the hidden driveways. I also am not referencing directions.

I try to avoid driving in new places if I can get someone else to drive. Especially if there are multiple people in the car that are talking. For one person, once I get off the highway and onto roads I have to make turns through I'll ask them to quiet down, I'll turn off the music, and I'll lean forward. I also try to review the directions ahead of.
>>
very

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.