[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713997973164138.jpg (49 KB, 800x450)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>stop caring about what others think
how do I respond to this without sounding mad
>>
>>31130421
somebody say the thing
>>
>>31130421
"Thanks for your input. You're absolutely right. I should maintain courage in my convictions rather than showing my insecurities over insignificant matters."
>>
>>31130441
what are you referring to?
>>
>>31130471
stop caring about what others think
>>
>>31130470
but then I would be agreeing with them. I don't want to because not caring about what other people think is selfish. just because they're saying things that are "mean" doesn't make them not right
>>31130473
no
>>
>>31130480
Can you be more specific about the problems you've had then? It'll help us understand your issue better.
>>
>>31130496
I'm a brown manlet so I'm gonna die alone
>>
>>31130502
you're going to die alone because you're a spineless faggot with no drive, there are plenty of brown manlets who get pussy and live good love lives.
>>
>>31130480
>is selfish. just because they're saying things that are "mean" doesn't make them not right
You have completely missed the point of the phrase. If you are content and you know you're not doing anything, why should you care if a rando or group of randos calls you a loser?

Are you autistic or ESL? Because you're being hyperliteral
>>
>>31130421
Stop caring what they think and you won’t have to
>>
>>31130421
... Why would you not just say "Yes", "Ok", "D'uh", or "No shit lol"?
>>
>>31130480
>I would be agreeing with them.
Yes
>I don't want to because not caring about what other people think is selfish
How are you acting on that belief, in order to bring positive change in others? What positive changes are you causing?
If there aren't any, your "moral" is a useless LARP and you should either change morals or change tactics.
Continuing to do something that does NOT achieve X, using the reasoning of "Because I want X", is delusional and retarded.
>>
>>31130421
You can tell that person that the human mind is way more complex than that and that worries (especially in social situations) are part of human nature (in fact, caring about what others think is a necessity for survival, as it keeps you in a group of people, increasing chance of survival, especially when we're talking 10000BC). There's no switch to just turn it off. Don't worry about worrying - that would be something you should be worried about.
>>
>>31130827
>worries (especially in social situations) are part of human nature
Am I not a human 'cause I stop worrying about stupid shit?
>>
>>31130502
I think your focusing on the wrong thing. its not about caring about what others think, youre actually butthurt by the comment itself because it hit too close to home for you. you're mad already so the reply doesn't matter
>>
>>31130525
neither
>>31130729
no>>31130742
because I don't want to agree right hem. I know they're wrong and I'm right
>>31130827
this is probably all I got but I'd feel really autistic whipping this out mid conversation
>>31130876
I'm butthurt because I keep on hearing this worthless virtue signal everywhere I go
>>
>>31130750
I try to confirm to other people's standards to please them. it's selfish to believe that the sword around you should change to accommodate yourself, so I'd rather change to accommodate them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.