[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Final_BMSGuard.png (97 KB, 204x533)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>Be me
>Security guard
>My job is to let people in if they have a worker badge
>Maintenance man comes in mid-shift
>Says he forgot his badge inside
>I tell him to go to the Visitor's Center (on-site) and get a temporary badge
>He yells at me
>Later he comes back with his supervisor
>I think he's going to apologize to me
>Instead his supervisor is angry and says I should have let him in, because it could have been an emergency
>I tell him I can't let anyone in who doesn't have a badge
>Supervisor says he will call my supervisor and get me "retrained in how to do my job properly"
>His supervisor also says I'm arrogant, for some reason
Wtf was I supposed to do?
>>
>>31131423
Exactly what you did. They're mad at the inconvenience not you doing something wrong.
>>
you did your job right. construction/maintenance people always do that kind of thing, and they dont care about the rules. theyre very rude and many are alcoholics. i had a similar job years ago and the electricians were always trying to sneak in without being verified. i dont really understand why its seen as a big issue for them. theyre assholes.

and you will definitely get in trouble if you DONT check IDs. some OTHER worker will snitch on you if they observer that.
>>
>>31131423
Typical blue collar workers, where any obstruction is some imposition on their holiness. Literally just ignore those cuckolds.
>>
>>31131423
You did your work magnificently. I would recommend you.
>>
>>31131423
>Wtf was I supposed to do?
Exactly what you did. Good job anon.
Your job is not the maintenance guys job.
>>
>>31131423
What are the badges for if they're not enforced? Good job OP, keep it up.
>>
>>31131423
You did great man, no fault on your side. Don't worry. You should report this incident to your supervisor, boss, superior whatever though, and confirm if you did things right, and if not, what you should have done instead.
Godspeed!
>>
>>31131423
Report his ass for being a shit supervisor. That’s your job too. Cocksucker needs retraining. You mill become more boss.
>>
>>31131979
On another note, ask your boss what to do in an emergency, or if someone claims there is an emergency.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.