[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why the hell would my dad "offer" me a job as a manual worker at a store(which I can get myself) when I have the necessary qualifications to be an electrician?
>>
>>31134718
Are you working as an electrician? Maybe he wants you to spend more time with him before you find someone and move away forever
>>
>>31134718
>Why the hell would my dad "offer" me a job
working with your family in a similar employment or on the same business is a good thing, ungrateful cunt OP.
>when I have the necessary qualifications to be an electrician?
then why aren't you right now? Are you even feeding yourself? Take what you can get. You're not really in any position to choose.
>>
>>31134718
Your dad is trying to be useful.
>>
>>31134718
Because he doesn't want his son to grow up to be a useless anemic slug.
>>
>>31134718
Maybe he's tired of you being unemployed.
>>
>>31134718
Sounds like he's being nice to you, especially if you're not in work right now
>>
>>31134718
boomers think nothing of careers, they think any job can be one because thats how it was back then.
>>
>>31134773
>working with your family in a similar employment or on the same business is a good thing, ungrateful cunt OP.
My dad doesn't even own a shop, he's a welder. He suggested to me to be a shelf stacker paid in peanuts instead of an electrician which is atleast paid decently.
When asked why he said do as I say or get out. I will not negate my education due to his pissy fit yet the housing here is unreasonably expensive due to excessive speculation so renting will be financial suicide for me.
>Maybe he wants you to spend more time with him before you find someone and move away forever
I am still going to live with my parents for the foreseeable future regardless of what my job would be.
>>
>>31135063
>boomers think nothing of careers
Very well but an electrician's starting wage is 70% more than what a store worker gets, all the while his rights are respected a little more as there is a shortage of tradesmen unlike store employees.
>>
>>31135096
>instead of an electrician which is atleast paid decently.

Good point, you should become an electrician then
>>
>>31135113
>you should become an electrician then
That is exactly what I am pursuing right now.
>>
>>31134718
Kinda makes sense, if you gotta pay a worker, to pay your son so the money goes back to the family.
>>
>>31134718
Do you currently have a job? Maybe he’s saying get a job until you get electrician job.
>>
>>31134718
he wants labor he can exploit in ways that he won't be able to with a stranger
>>
>>31135377
He is a welder, he doesn't own a shop nor knows anyone which owns one.
>>31136235
He wants me to forego my electrician job in place of working as a simple store worker.
>>
>>31135096
So you just forced yoursf onto him as a leech and now dictating the rule of law to him? Then why would you care what anyone thinks, just continue to be a sack of shit

Normally people get into electrician trades to make money and live alone
>>
>>31137135
Oh, idk. Why don’t you ask him?
>>
>>31134718
My dad is offering me a job not in my trade Millwright as well and I turned it down as I deserve an apprenticeship.
>>
>>31135096
>I am still going to live with my parents for the foreseeable future regardless of what my job would be.
People are living in the most unaffordable cities with 5+ roommates at this very moment. Move out and move on from sucking your daddy's tits.
>>
>>31134718
I worked for 5 years with my uncle, he paid me the minimum wage, when I quit he took a retarded normie guy and paid him more than me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.