[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713903249400669.png (143 KB, 526x578)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
I've never made a friend since I've become an adult. I'm 28 and haven't had a friend since I graduated from high school. When I was in high school I had lots of friends. How do you meet people as an adult?
>>
>>31135121
You just approach them. Usually i use shirts as a means. Or i just go to events of similar interests. College makes it easier though.
>>
>>31135145
People usually react very coldly to me or give me signals that I should go away. Nobody approached me either.
>>
>>31135157
Description of physical appearance? Maybe its other factors that make you less approachable.

Do you slouch, Are you ungroomed, Do you stink, do you look raggedy like torn clothing, do you have deformities?
>>
>>31135162
5'10"
Average face, 4 on a bad day and 6 on a good day
>Do you slouch
I don't think so
>Are you ungroomed
Define ungroomed
>Do you stink
I don't think so
>Do you look raggedly like torn clothing
No
>Do you have deformities
No
>>
>>31135177
trimmed beard/hair
cut nails not full of zits or pimples or craters
>>
>>31135187
Sometimes I don't cut my nails for upwards of two months. I do have a good amount of pimples on my face. My skin is also very pale but even when I go outside for long periods of time it goes back to being pale in a day or two.
>>
>>31135200
thats probably your answers, excessive acne is the equivalent to a massive tumor on your face or something.
>>
>>31135157
It actually depends more on where you try this. I found this out during one of my holidays back to my home country - in the same city, people would react VERY differently to me stopping them for a chat depending on what part of town I was in. In the busy, central districts, trying to talk to people provoked cold, vicious, aggressive responses. In the more peripheral, residential districts, people were extremely friendly, open and responsive and I could stop literally anyone I'd want and they'd have a chat with me.
A lot seems to depend on how people are feeling when you stop them. If you stop someone on the way to work, or back from work, or to some kind of social event, or back from some kind of social event, they'll want to skin your face because they are stressed and angry and have no time for you. If you just stop some fella having a good time walking around in his neighbourhood, things are very different.
But IDK if it's the same in large Western cities. Normally the residential districts here are either made to isolate [middle class] people from others as much as possible (suburbs) or else are just generally run-down, criminal areas.
>>
>>31135219
Don’t listen to this retard.
Acne ain’t shit, but you are 28 and you should look, dress and groom yourself according to your age.
Making friends at an older age sucks because most people are already in friend groups or are very closed off. The best chance you can give yourself is to find something to do in your free time that involves interacting with others, whether that be going to the gym, organized sports, night classes, or volunteering. I’d highly stress volunteering since you’ll meet generally good hearted people there that are willing to talk to you.
One thing I’ve realized is extremely important too is being a good friend. Watch some Jordan Peterson videos where he talked about the types of friends you don’t want in your life and try not to be that friend to others. It helps a lot for getting close friends and keeping them especially.
>>
>>31135249
I live in a relatively small town (30k population) in a middle class neighborhood. I also live in the South where there's a lot of insincere social greetings which makes it difficult to distinguish when people are being genuine. No I am not autistic.
>>
>>31135277
If you have any kind of interest that other people also have, you should look for events in this small time for such people. Like Dixie folk music or whatever the fuck Southerns get up to. Shooting guns, I guess. That one seems pretty good actually, even I could shoot a gun!
>>
>>31135277
Lots of southern folks go to church. If you’re religious, give it a try
>>
>>31135121
>When I was in high school I had lots of friends
Can you reconnect with some of them?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.