[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713044449736754.jpg (20 KB, 500x382)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I think I have narcissistic personality disorder or some disorder that causes a massively inflated ego. Nearly every conversation I have with someone is basically me subconsciously trying to get their attention or validation by provoking them (not physically but trying to basically bait reactions). I constantly replay things I said to people in order to relive this attention. I also feel very hollow and empty inside, with images constantly swarming in my mind. Something is wrong with me but what the fuck is it?
>>
>>31135188
You are just insecure my friend. Low self-esteem means you feel a greater sense of emptiness which you want other people to fill, but that same low self-esteem causes you to seek the attention of others in a very dysfunctional way. It's that simple.
>>
Covert narcissism maybe. Look it up.
>>
>>31135188
could be. also could be sociopathy, based upon the 2nd to last sentence. look into it and see if you have any other symptoms. for instance do you not care about people as much as you think other people do?
>>
>>31137708
Feeling empty on the inside can be a symptom of a lot of disorders, but officially it’s a symptom of only BPD

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.