[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708442061616790.jpg (107 KB, 1430x1268)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
What is the honeymoon phase like? When does the honeymoon phase end in a relationship?
>>
It is the phase where the fantasy you have projecting on someone has not been irreversibly shattered yet. It depends on how hard you projected on to them and how well they actually live up to your fantasy or at least can make you believe they do. Some people manage to destroy the illusion in a matter of days, others can keep it up for five years or so. It also ends when one person changes and suddenly does not fit the narrative that was expected by the other person anymore or one person changes and now wants something else in a partner.
>>
>>31137355
It depends on the persons involved. I am in my 5th year of relationship and the honeymoon phase hasn't ended. More so, I'm constantly amazed at how we've already grown together in a lot of ways and how close we've become. Good luck
>>
>>31137364
>>31137379
not the OP. But i've been with my gf (first gf) for 3 years and we never had a "honeymoon phase". It just never happened. What does that mean?
>>
>>31137457
Probably that you knew she was not perfect from the start and thus had no delusions about how a relationship with her would be like? Could be good as in you always saw her as only human and that was not a problem for you, could be that you just did not have a very distinct fantasy about what kind of person you would want to date or how you would want a relationship to be like so you were less rigid in what makes you still think she is awesome and what not or it could be bad and you were already so bitter and disillusioned that you did not even get your hopes up and were expecting the worst.
>>
>>31137355
>What is the honeymoon phase like?
For me, it was like being high on each other. I didn't want to do anything but be with him or talk to him, and when I couldn't all I could ever think of was him. I was electrified every minute we spent together.

>When does the honeymoon phase end in a relationship?
We grew out of it after 9 months. Don't get me wrong, 7 years together and there's nobody on earth I love more than him, and we spend almost every waking minute together. But I have hobbies, friends and stuff I care about outside of him now.
>>
>>31137467
hm I don't really know. I mean, everything kind of just seems "normal". At least for me, I never experienced the euphoric high or whatever that people refer to at the start of a new relationship. That never happened, and we never had this period of crazed constant sex either.
>>
>>31137355
this looks like taytay but hotter
>>
>>31137355
The "honey moon phase" is "true love". It's the feeling that you are in love with someone.
It usually lasts around 2 years, sometimes more, sometimes less.
And it is entirely hormonal, you can measure the hormones in the bloodstream during this period.
Most relationships simply break up when it ends.
>>
>>31137505
>It's the feeling that you are in love with someone.
so what is the feeling toward someone then after this phase ends?
>>
>>31137478
Means you didn't experience passion with her. Someone people "settle" from the start, others start relationships based on a spark. It's simply fine so long as you feel happy/content in the relationship
>>
>>31137516
>Means you didn't experience passion with her
i guess thats true. I'm not a passionate person and i don't even know what that would look like.
>Someone people "settle" from the start
so this is normal?
>It's simply fine so long as you feel happy/content in the relationship
sometimes ive wondered what it would be like to have that intense kind of experience. I've seen my friends go through it. I've seen in public when my friends have a new gf, they can't keep their hands off each other, and i've seen how their new gfs would look at them with these "fuck me" eyes all the time. I sometimes wonder what it would be like, as I've never had that experience. but oh well..
>>
>>31137509
Well this is exactly when most relationships break up. So it varies from "meh" to intense irritation about everything they do.
From what I can tell, women seem to experience irritation and repulsion more than men do. They initiate the breakups far more often.
>>
>>31137549
isn't that kind of fucked up then? If everyone knows that this is just a phase that will end eventually, why do they still break up even if they find someone good?
>>
You wear rose-colored glasses. Things that would annoy the shit out of you coming from other people, you suddenly find disarming or charming. Most everything your partner does is super attractive to you. You want to spend lots of time together and share everything with them.

After the honeymoon phase ends, if it is a good relationship you still very much love them, but the "addiction" is kind of over, real life sets back in. There are certain things you might rather discuss with a certain friend who gets them better, than with your partner. Your need for alone time will increase again. Your attraction for your partner might have only gotten deeper, but you are not instantly psyched anymore just to see them undress. A lot of things that used to be thrilling have become (familiar and beloved, but) normal.

That crazy "omg you are fantastic and I could eat you up"-butterflies feeling does return, but only briefly in specific moments of deep connection. It is no longer right below the surface.
>>
>>31137554
>everyone knows
They don't. And I guess the irritation remains regardless.
FWIW, if there's an actual pregnancy involved, the break up rate is much lower, so the theory is that the purpose of the "honeymoon period" is just to make babies, and by not doing that we're basically doing relationships wrong.
>>
>>31137509
Either you feel nothing for them, you enjoy closeness with them in a manner a best friend provides but with sex (successful long term relationship will be this), or you get upset at them. Normally the outcome is determined on if you actually are compatible and actually enjoy each other's company, but many people rush in because they're horny or hormonal without thinking about what the person is like.
>>
>>31137457
I said the same thing about me and my wife at the 5 year mark. Now we're in year 26 and ... well ... i still say the same thing. Life can be very good indeed with the right person to share it with.
>>
File: miscarriage us map.png (87 KB, 680x565)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>31137602
>so the theory is that the purpose of the "honeymoon period" is just to make babies, and by not doing that we're basically doing relationships wrong.
afaik you can see hormones being secreted differently before, during, and after the honeymoon period
>>
>>31137574
really good description
>>
>>31137355
>When does the honeymoon phase end in a relationship?
The more time you spend together right away the shorter the honeymoon phase is
If you're dating a coworker you see everyday, spend a lot of nights during the week over at their or your place, sleep over most weekends, etc, the honeymoon phase might last only 3-6 months
>>
File: essex scared.jpg (71 KB, 453x487)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>31138553
>The more time you spend together right away the shorter the honeymoon phase is
oh fuck
>match with girl on bumble while I'm traveling in another country
>she only checks after I got back home
>she's very very into me
>she messages me a lot and does video chats
This shit is gonna implode after one visit, isn't it?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.