[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GDHNa_gaUAAReVa.jpg (476 KB, 1240x1754)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
Does trial by fire actually work? Like going to all the social meet ups outings etc you can find so you learn social language quickly?
>>
yes cute asian feet hmmm give me give me very cute yes asian feetsies so tasty
>>
>>31137536
Yes. I did it after my life hit a rock bottom a few years back and I was desperate to change.
While it's slow, and it's horrible, it 100% gets the job done. Only exception could be if you're unironically severely autistic (like diagnosed by a doc). Then you need meds/therapy to help rewire your brain.
>>
File: F666ka-acAAp-UK.jpg (430 KB, 1240x1754)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>31138001
I heard it works similarly to how people learn new languages by moving to a foreign country. It sucks but being socially retarded as you get older blocks you out of a million different life paths so I don't care anymore I need to change
>>
>>31137536
>>31138398
Yes. Especially if you don't resist normification like an autist.
>>
>>31137536
>Does trial by fire actually work?
Lol I actually did exactly this.
I used to go on Evenbrite and just buy tickets to random events for which I wasn't even a member for.
What I learned? The people whom you have a lot in common with (common interests, common values, common language, common/similar backgrounds) will feel almost natural to socialize with without needing to learn any social language.
Even if you learn to mix with people whom you have nothing in common with, most likely you will end up feeling like you've wasted your time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.