[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708305924154613.jpg (91 KB, 1024x768)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Home owners/Rentoids pls tell me how you do it? What's your salary? What was the cost? How much do you pay?
How do I move out of my parents house?
>>
>>31225070
House was 390 000, mortgage is 1400 per month. Bought it with my friend so 700 each. We finish paying it next year. We make 80k per year
>>
>>31225070
>How do I move out of my parents house?
save up, hunt for properties for a while, tour the ones you like and pick one before someone else does
>>
>>31225086
Fuck you
>>
Do you have a job already? You can probably live alone on as little as around $32,000 yearly, but it doesn't leave a lot of other things.
I moved out on my own when I was making $16/hr, but that was a decade ago. My apartment was pretty small (rent was $500) but I had everything I needed. I moved into a "luxury" apartment (rent at about $1400 a month) when I got a new job at $50,000 salary and supported myself and my girlfriend on that income and saved up enough to buy a house, which was about $280,000.
>>
>>31225143
I'm looking at these nice condos near my work place. I make about 74k and have only 10k in savings but about 100-120k in my 401k/roth ira/indexfunds. Maybe I'm being picky but if I'm living somewhere I at least want it next to my work place in a good area with internet.
But the area list prices from 300k-1 mil+. It migh just be better to buy a fucking car and rent somewhere else.
>>
what if i wanna live in LA
>>
>>31227213
As the great philosopher once said, You can't always get what you want.
>>
>>31225070
Only rent if you aren't staying somewhere long term, a 30 year mortgage costs a similar amount to rent but you actually get the house at the end/get some money back if you sell early. A mortgage has a fairly big barrier to entry though, generally they want a 20% down payment for the house. If the house goes into foreclosure and the bank forces a sale you get back any money beyond what you owe for the mortgage. Depending on where you live rent for a studio apartment can be anywhere from $500-$1400 a month. It's a good idea to get roommates, with my current roommates we rent a house for $2100 a month (so $700 each) and it gets us a lot more bang for our buck than individually renting.
>>
>>31225070
Pack all your essential belongings into 2 suitcases, sell/store/throw out the rest, then move into the cheapest place ($500-700/mo) you can find. Sub-lets and repurposed commercial buildings are great examples. All you need is a roof and a door that locks.

Slum it up and work hard for 2-3 years, then dump your savings into the down payment for a house. 15-year mortgage ideally, but a 30-year then refinancing in a few years works too. 3-4% FIXED RATE is non-negotiable.
>>
>>31225070
aus here, salary is 100k aud (66k usd, plus superannuation). My mortgage for my new place is going to be $2500 a month. I'm not doing terribly financially but it does mean I dont have the ridiculous amount of disposable income I did when I lived with my parents, where 90% of my paycheck went straight to savings.
>how do I move out of my parents house?
I reckon have a think about what you want life to be like when you move out. Would you want to live in the same city/town/area? if not where would you like to go? But whatever you do, start setting money aside, if you have a progressive savings account (a savings account where interest can go up to 2-4%, idk if its called something else outside of straya) and aim to put in as much money as you can while still living comfortably, and having enough OUTSIDE of this account that you can access for emergencies. As you live at home now I reckon $1-2k USD should be more enough outside of savings. You earn considerably more than I do so I reckon after the initial costs and adjustments of moving out you'll be set financially. Best of luck OP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.