[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9614.jpg (4 KB, 326x154)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
I’ve been having wrist issues for months and have gotten a bunch of different scans and tests done. While they never showed any major fractures, I have a really small one and doesn’t require any treatment (beyond the 3 weeks I already spent in a brace) and some ligament damage that has not been treated until now. I was told to go to occupational therapy and when I had my appointment this morning, instead of doing PT, they put me in a cast for at least the next 4 weeks and probably longer. What do I do with my time? Any advice on dealing with the cast?
>>
Use your other hand. If it's your non-dominant hand work on becoming ambidextrous.
>>
>>31521891
It is my dominant hand that’s casted right now, so that’s not a bad idea
>>
>they put me in a cast for at least the next 4 weeks and probably longer.
>What do I do with my time?
1. You may be able to capitalize on disability 'quirks' such as priority lanes, parking, queues, etc..
2. You may be able to convince someone to feed you with the valid context if you are having difficulty to do so.
3. Perhaps a large bird or a falcon can land on the cast instead of having to buy falconry gloves.

>Any advice on dealing with the cast?
1. You can put graffiti on the cast or store paraphernalia within the crevices.
2. Special arrangements may or may not be requested in airlines and other forms of transportation (freedom to choose seats, etc.)
>>
>>31522021
Thanks! That sounds great! Well great may be the wrong word, but at least it isn’t all bad.
>>
>>31522050
If it helps you further, it may be good to check on where you are with taxes as well. There may be more to be had.

In Canada, there's this DTC(Disability Tax Credit) in effect for people who can't dress themselves or are taking long to do so under some persisting condition:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/segments/tax-credits-deductions-persons-disabilities/disability-tax-credit/eligible-dtc/dressing.html
>>
>>31522099
I’ll have to take a look. I’m in the U.S., but I’ll definitely check. I’m not sure any sort of disability would apply here since it’s just for the next month or so
>>
>>31521872
Not gonna lie anon, your life is going to suck for the next month. Casts are annoying and they smell bad. The one upside is you can get people to write some nice stuff on them so at least there’s that
>>
>>31521872
Masturbate with the cast
>>
>>31526228
I’ve tried. It’s not fun. That’s something where I actually need to learn to use my left hand
>>
It is possible that you have a lazy therapist that don't want to do their job properly. For injury like yours, you can try a mix of acupuncture and physiotherapy where they use ultrasound wave to speed up the healing process.
>>
not joking: get used to gentler masturbation. actual injury is a great time to break your addiction to death grip

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.