[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714952366887327.jpg (55 KB, 1137x860)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
i was thinking of relaxing my preferences in terms of girls, which i feel like are a little strict
but now i realized, what would happen if i accepted somebody who was less within my preferences and one day met somebody else who almost entirely matches my preferences and was kind with me? i dont want to be a cheating piece of shit, and i would rather avoid dumping somebody for somebody else
do you guys have any tips for this?
>>
bumperino
>>
>>31526198
If you feel that your preferences are reasonable then you should never 'relax' them. The only reason to relax them is if you realize you didn't care about them as much as you thought you did, or if they were really unreasonable and unfair.

BUT, here's the thing. Someone doesn't have to immediately check all of your boxes to be worthy of pursuing. Preferences change over time, and people grow into each other as they get along. Plus, you'll never know 100% of somebody until you've been together for a long time. So, you can't be TOO strict, either. I know that sounds contradictory but the more experience you have, the more you'll understand what I mean.

Just get out there and try to spend time with the people you like, and as long as you don't force anything, you'll figure it out as you go.
>>
>>31528616
>reasonable
i do think so, but i worry i may cripple the pool of options
though it's true that who doesn't fit might actually not be right for me
i guess what i would also like to know is how common 'preferences' are to people
>you'll figure it out as you go
yea that's true, i will probably correct them as i familiarize with what im doing
it's unfortunate that i can't get into it knowing how to handle it already though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.