[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718506339115608.jpg (105 KB, 735x764)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Turned 26 last month and I'm almost done with a bachelors degree and have 6 years of professional experience in graphic design, UI, video editing and 3D modelling. I've sacrificed a lot to work while studying and currently live in a pretty shitty apt building. I also have $25k in savings.

But tell it to me straight, was the sacrifice and hard work all worth it? Ill be done with uni by the end of this year and im hoping ill be time for me to make some good money, but the threat of AI and worsening economy is making me wonder if I've wasted all my time and energy and im prepared to get on welfare and just NEET instead. Many of my friends are moving back in with their parents, even my best friend who's a marketing manager. It seems fucked up out there. I'm pretty mad at the thought that if my dad had half my skills I had he would be making at least $500k at my age.

So do my credentials set me up for a good future? Or am I headed down the slump like everyone else?
>>
>>31526515
>25k I'm savings
This alone already puts you in the elite class of "doing fine".
Your problems are relative. Don't overthink.
>>
>>31526515
>I'm pretty mad at the thought that if my dad had half my skills I had he would be making at least $500k at my age
Nobody makes that much. Do you expect him to be a CEO or Doctor or some shit? Wtf.
>>
>>31526537
65 year old surgeons don’t even make 500k+ unless they’re top of their game or in a niche field/private practice. Source: worked with a couple of them. >>31526515
OP, are you smoking fucking crack? how is your grasp of reality this thin?
>>
>>31526584
>>31526537
Honestly feels like he's humble bragging. Disguised as a "omg it's so hard what do I do guys?" But clearly "I'm educated with job experience and i have 25,000
>>
>>31526515
as a graphic designer you are going to make anywhere from 35k to maybe 80k at the end of your career. get your head straight
>>
>>31526605
It's also high on the list of "things AI can already do now and surely in a couple years will be just better than a human at"
>>
>>31526515
>graphic design, UI, video editing and 3D

way to pick the fields that are already being replaced by AI. Video editing is maybe the only one right now that an AI can't mog you on.
>>
>>31526515
LOL tell me you’re a retard without telling me. You will NEVER see 500k a year salary in your life, let alone 200k.
>>
>>31526676
this might be the funniest post i’ve seen on this website all week
>>
No. Your fertility is probably already breaking and your testosterone is in rapid decline. You're too late for love and will only have a childless marriage.
>>
>>31526684
Funny because it’s true? Whatever you say anon. The dude has VERY unrealistic expectations for salaries in ANY field. Not to mention shitting on his own dad like a faggot.
>>
>>31526752
yes, funny OP because it's so out of touch w/ reality
>>
>>31526766
True
>>
>>31526515
>I'm pretty mad at the thought that if my dad had half my skills I had he would be making at least $500k at my age.
For $500k I wouldn't even get up in the morning.
>>
>>31526515
>currently live in a pretty shitty apt building. I also have $25k in savings.
You dont know what pretty shitty is anon
Im 26 years old, was unemployed for half a year , no skills , absolutely 0 contacts , literally maybe a few cents to my name as of now , went many days without food and live in a shared house with noisy people that i despise. Im starting work on monday, it will be about loading safes into trucks. You should stfu and be grateful for what u have
>>
>>31526515
bad LARP, too many fuckups in preso, try again
>>
>>31526858
I mean you get up for 0$ a day now and haven’t killed yourself you unemployed loser. Btw you’ll be homeless after your parents die. GET BACK TO WORK.
>>
>>31526617
No, "AI" is not intelligent and it's music and graphics are instantly identifiable as patchwork from a web-scraped database.

OP, just stay on top of the available tools (including "AI," which does have its uses) and you will be fine.
>>
>>31526617
>Video editing is maybe the only one right now that an AI can't mog you on.
No, editing for money is pretty dead too. Also no need to edit it when they can just create what they want from scratch. No its not quite there yet but give it a year.

Yes OP you and I who followed the same path into dreamland like you, are fucked. If you can find one, pick a manual labor job and get to it before the robots get better at that.

What's even worse than seeing the collapse coming up fast is that a ton of people--even online-- still don't believe it. Do you fuckers realize we've only had this AI for 2 years and already it's crushed 2 industries when you used to say it'd be able to draw hands in 10? Exponential growth of technology mean anything to you? It doesnt even need to go terminator or even steal all jobs, just the ones that people want to do. Then there will be so many people and no jobs for them through ripple effect, and riots and society collapses.
>>
File: fatsa-buggs.png (91 KB, 514x640)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
did OP curl up and die ?? no response whatsoever? LMAO
>>
>>31530204
this was completely made by AI 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EaJCt2GpVc
>>
haha OP. I'm quite ahead of you. I have no hope in the future so I'm not investing in anything at all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.