[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000067248.jpg (231 KB, 1024x1024)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
we have a good relationship its just that when we are together we just sit in silence and watch TV and sometimes we say something tangent to the thing on the TV/Facebook. The only moments he is willing to really talk is either about his job as a ship mechanic, and sometimes about his life when he was young, but for that he has to start the conversation, and if I ask it's just weird.

How do I start a conversation where we can both interact, and keep it going? I feel like he didn't teach me to love him and show him that I love him. I feel like he raises me like he was raised in Bosnia, but I know he loves me too.

It doesn't have to be deep in the start, I just want to talk to him for 60 minutes combined at least.
>>
>>31527622
I think that is how relationships between men tend to be
Men don't talk about their fee fees with each other unless they're gay
>>
>I ask it's just weird.
Some things may be worth being weird about. It may not be too far to say that your father wants the same thing as well.

At worst, it may be awkward; but at best, you get what you want (and in some stretch of possibility, he may get what he wants as well.).
>>
>>31527622
Start with questions - family history, what his childhood was like, etc
>>
Start talking about politics, you won't have to say much, he'll never stop
>>
>>31527676
I mean, we are so...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.