[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The past 9 years of my life have been a meaningless lie. My drug friends hate me for leaving them. My gamer friends resent me for not wanting to play video games. What do I do? Am I just pretentious?
>>
>>31527913
>My drug friends hate me for leaving them.
And you should pity them for needing to define their friendship by what substances they abuse together, and not moving forward in their lives.
>My gamer friends resent me for not wanting to play video games.
The same, but somewhat more pathetic because it's literally just video games to occupy your free time, and something that naturally reduces as you get older and acquire more responsibility.
>What do I do? Am I just pretentious?
Keep moving forward and gaining better responsibilities. That's part of growing. The friends worth keeping are the ones that either grow with you, or don't define your relationship by what you do together. Friends aren't just friends because you play vidya or do drugs with them. You don't have to do the same things to remain friends. Those are passing acquaintances that you had some fun with, and you've each gone your own ways. Focus on your goals and make new friends either with your current peers, or reasonable people who are more than their habits, and recognize that you are as well.
>>
>>31527913
You need new friends who have hobbies you can partake in and respect you when you refrain from partaking in them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.