[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rejection.png (614 KB, 822x967)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
I want to be a feminist/liberal youtube media critic, but the other feminist youtubers mock me behind my back and one even called me a creep on twitter that one time.
What should I do so I can stay relevant in the media criticism space and make friends?
>>
>>31528446
I don’t get the context. Why is she verbally telling you that you aren’t friends? Did you tell somebody that you were friends with her?

A woman once told me that “i’m not your fucning friend so don’t talk to me freak!” very loudly while I was hanging out with her group of friends (who were my friends). Her reaction was spurred because while I was talking with the group, I replied to something she said, and she blew up into that tirade. It was pretty surprising at the time becasue she hadn’t given me any forewarning that she didn’t like me. One moment we were all sitting around and laughing, the mext moment she lashed out like that. Her boyfriend and the reat of our friends all froze in silence and just stared at her with looks of fear, cringe, and confusion. The whole group fell awkwardly silent, and then we resumed chatting, and she went back to normal also chatting with the group.

My point is that women can feel a certain way and totally hide it, even if it’s not brought on by anything you did specifically, she may just simply dislike you (thinks you’re gay, fat, retarded, whatever). Then women can suddenly blownup as something you do triggers those feelings to boil to the surface (even something as simple as adressing her on topic in the group circle).

There aren’t really any ways to find out if women dislike you because they deliberately hide it, so dont take these out irsts very seriously. Shes just expresssing her pent up feelings. You’ll just have to accept that she may cuss you out or lie about you in a rage, and continue doing what you are doing. As long as there’s no real evidence or any accusation of you doing anything serious, you don’t really have to worry about anything. Just kepe doing your thing.
>>
i dont use social media what is "soft block"?
>>
>>31528671
I tweeted a selfie of us as a con and said she was a friend.

>>31528683
If someone you don't like is following you on twitter, you can block and then unblock them quickly, which stops them from following you.
>>
>>31528804
>>31528683
Its basically a passive aggressive way to get someone to stop following you.
>>
>>31528804
why not just block them? follow = friend on twitter right? I marginally understand facebook terms when it comes to socials.
no, life isn't better, im just out of the loop on most things people talk about now. i dont know how to behave or have a good profile set up on insta. ppl talk about quitting social media saving their live its the same as like going sober
if you did it and then escaped it you're a hero and all your friends you got BECAUSE of that vice cheer you on.
if you avoided it and thought it was stupid most your life you're just a loser that doesnt have fun or friends
>>
>>31528446
>What should I do so I can stay relevant in the media criticism space and make friends?
good question. whose materials and video essays are you regularly following in the space? anyone who seems to have rings of guests for their politics where you like pretty much everyone in the group? tell us who'd you like to have a position similar to who succeeded in the industry

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.