[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4917.jpg (14 KB, 236x218)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Autistic female here. I’m in my mid thirties and I have never had any friends my age. I get along well with elderly people. Is it common for autists or is it just me, and how to fix it?
>>
>>31529463
dop you really think it needs fixing? are you happy
>>
>>31529463
Elderly people don't usually play mind games. They are often upfront and kind.
>>
>>31529519
I would be happier if I would have friends my age.
>>
>>31529463
Same except male. Old ladies always like me. You better not be a tranny.
>>
>how to fix it?
Exposure to people your age.

>I get along well with elderly people.
This serves as some proof that acceptable social aptitude is not absent and that improvements can take off from that baseline.
>>
>>31529826
shut up bot
>>
>>31529585
lol... i wish i could help you but i'm in the same boat. i asked for similar advice before and the advice i got was to join hobby groups for things youre interested in (i.e. anime or whatever)
>>
>>31530021
If only joining clubs would be that easy… As many autists I also have crippling social anxiety. So that advice is shit.
>>
>>31530066
anons use this site for a reason. yes, most of us have crippling social anxiety. being a whiny bitch about it wont change anything. the only way to make friends is to go out and interact with people. if you cant handle that you cant handle having friends
>>
>>31529463
Yeah it's common because that's literally me. There's nothing to fix, old people are a lot funner to be around and have interesting stories to tell and I've found that most like telling me as well. Everyone else in our age range (30's) are too busy slaving away, raising children and watching marvel slop/sports, they have no opinions or thoughts of their own and most just default to light left wing politics to be as safe as possible. Old people will tell you they hate fags and niggers and give no shit for the consequences because there are none. They're about to die and aren't aiming to be shekelbergs right hand man so they can be as honest as a person can be which is absolutely refreshing, even if you don't agree with what they say. I've seen more life behind the eyes of a single boomer than a lifetime of dealing with zoomers.
>>
>>31529958
B-but I'm not a bot.
>>
>>31530632
The question is op a real girl or a tranny?
>>
>>31530021
not op but when I tried that those hobby groups were often filled with old people too lol. They're fun to talk to though. I think the younger people might be stuck in loops of work/chores/kids grinding and not going out anywhere.
>>
>>31529463
Don't fight it. Lean into it.

t. mid-30s man who got a career in healthcare for the elderly because I get along with the elderly better than with my peers
>>
>>31529463
I am a guy in my mid 30s but I literally only know zoomers and people 50+. I dont have friends or want them though. And I am not autistic or want to be.
>>
>>31529463
>Autistic female here. I’m in my mid thirties and I have never had any friends my age. I get along well with elderly people. Is it common for autists or is it just me, and how to fix it?
same and yes it's common. All my new friends are early forties and I'm late twenties. I fucking hate it. I want friends my age but I can't for the life of me. My only same age friend has been friends with since high school and he's severely depressed.
>>
>>31533145
Real girl?
>>
>>31529463
Autistic male, have always gotten along better with older people than people my own age. People my age have not been good to me. It is only now that I'm in my 30s and people my age are also in their 30s that it's easier
>>
>>31529463
Late 20s autistic female - definitely common, no idea how to fix it. I can get along pretty well with most people on a casual level, like at events or such, but I haven't made an actual friend since highschool. Wanna be friends with me, (OP)? :')
>>
>>31533145
>>31535992
>>31530621
>>31529463
Trannies fuck off.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.