[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

All of the relationships in my life are with the kind of person that desperately wants me around, but once im there likes to shit on me for anything that makes them insecure. Ive noticed this pattern a lot and ive also noticed that plenty of people just make themselves smaller to accommodate the insecurity of that "friend" so they can continue having one.

My family is an example of that conditional oppressive environment. At this point there is absolutley no doubt I need to leave their influence. Fighting against it for my own independence did nothing but destroy my life. I have nothing to show for being treated like shit and demoralized for years and I am so mentally drained I just dream of living without the thought of dealing with them.

I think about what I actually wanted for my life and how I can actually have any modicum of fulfillment while being broke and dependent. When I think about the misery I aimlessly wandered in for years for literally nothing I cant take it. Im only around people that rejoice at my despair.

Im so mad at myself for allowing this to happen.
>>
everytime I see ppl complaining about being treated like shit, I want to ask, what accomplishment do you have exactly that is deserving of respect in your opinion?
>>
>>31530055
not OP, but no accomplishments are required to be deserving of respect. And by respect I mean not being treated like shit. It doesn't mean he deserves praise and worship, but it also means he doesn't deserve being treated like shit or a dog. Somewhere in between, that kind of respect.
>>
>>31530003
>All of the relationships in my life are with the kind of person that desperately wants me around, but once im there likes to shit on me for anything that makes them insecure.
Are you limited to these people for a specific reason and are there people out there who do not follow this pattern, or is it simply how you percieve all others?
>>
>>31530071
I think that is where details matter, some people will misinterpret not-praising as being treated like shit. We are on 4chan after all. I have seen many retards with extremely mediocre abilities wanting to be "praised/positively noticed" for being mediocre.
>>
>>31530003
You are drawn to vampires who suck the "energy" (self-esteem, attention, resources, accomplishments, love) out of people. Stop doing that. Look for people who are a fountainhead of value.
>>
>>31530164
Nta but being mediocre is an an accomplishment now
>>
>>31531074
......usually people don't disrespect you just because you are mediocre or even below; however, when you are mediocre or below yet wanting of praises or think that is "accomplishment" then people will shit on you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.