[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does alcoholism kill your libido? I've been seeing this girl who's a 'functioning' alcoholic and addicted to suboxone. She has a reputation for being hugely promiscuous, so I thought this would be a good time. But most of the time we spend together, she's on her couch plowing through beers, watching some shitty reality show and either nodding off or complaining about her life. The last few times I initiated sex, it was like pulling teeth so I've just given up altogether.

I won't pretend I'm in the right here since I'm obviously enabling a grimy situation in the hopes of getting mine. But I'm just kinda confused? Do addicts party hard through their twenties and turn into sad dumpy people if they live to see their 30s?
>>
File: 17195142262619348.jpg (259 KB, 1028x858)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>31530433
https://voca.ro/17UhOBu63Vqk
>>
>>31530433
>She has a reputation for being hugely promiscuous
Yeah, and the thing about promiscuous types is they’ll give that to everyone but their partner. They’re a bit broken like that OP.
>>
>>31530595
Ehh. I tried really hard to be patient and understanding, and she's blown me off at every turn. I went into this pursuing a relationship and unaware of her demons. I had all the talks with her. No judgment. I can't force you to seek help, but I'll support you any way I can if you ever want that for yourself. Etc.

My side is that she won't introduce me to her family, won't meet my family, won't allow herself to be seen with me outside of her house at odd hours of the night, won't even hold my hand. Yet she'll blow me up about petty gossip ad nauseam, then ghost if I ever want to talk.

So I'm burnt out. She's spent all my goodwill. I hate this trashfire but I'm still in it.
>>
>>31530628
>Yeah, and the thing about promiscuous types is they’ll give that to everyone but their partner. They’re a bit broken like that OP.

I guess my thing is that I just don't understand it. There's some autistic part of me that just can't accept that it's beyond my ability.
>>
>>31530433
Uhhh you are dating a ticking time bomb man

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.