[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tekken-8-reina-11.jpg (333 KB, 1125x2000)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
I'm so tired of my family being in my life all the fucking time. I don't want them completely gone, but I don't understand why they can't be self-sufficient adults and stop constantly making me do shit for them. They think I'm on-call 24/7 and cannibalize all my free time. I wish I could just visit my mom and dad like once a month for an hour or two and call my other relatives on holidays and just live my own fucking life.
>>
>>31530816
I wished for that and did that too OP. Then I regretted ever making that wish the moment I was stood by their deathbed. Not trying to bum you out or belittle your grievance, but it’s what I know to be true.
>>
>>31530816
have you expressed this to any of them?
>>
>>31530849
They don't take no for an answer. It never stops.
>>
>>31530816
Set boundaries.
>>
File: 20240628_150354.jpg (21 KB, 365x448)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>31531151

As the son/daughter, you don't get to set boundaries. I'm on the same boat as OP here. I legit cannot play a full game session with friends without being called by my parents to do some dogshit house chores every 5 minutes. It got to the point where my friends won't play with me anymore because they know I'll leave mid-game. I've been limited to single-player games and zero social interactions. I feel like a flesh machine, and I'm pretty sure I'll also be treated like a bucket of human spare parts in case my parents need organs.

I can't just ignore them or deny their requests, otherwise they'll cut me off from the things I enjoy, and I will get yelled at and beaten. There is no universe where you can win.
>>
>>31531424
i mean you could move out and stop talking to them
>>
Keep it up and neither your parents will love you for who you are nor will you be an actual person.
Other people are only able to push you as much as you're able to give. Even your parents can't do anything about you dashing your head on rocks and dying on them. You'll always have the choice of what kind of relationship you want to accept.
>>31530856
There's no point talking about it then.
>>31530828
If you only started to regret on their deathbed, you haven't regretted throughout their lifetime. Once they're dead, you're only regretting the memories and not your actual parents.
>>
>>31530816
>constantly making me do shit for them. They think I'm on-call 24/7 and cannibalize all my free time.

Sounds a bit like you when you were a baby and toddler, doesn't it? It's pay-back time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.