[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2845.jpg (422 KB, 744x706)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
I've become lazy. I'm a 20-year-old skinny dude with a girlfriend and a job, but I feel like I've completely given up. I don't draw as much anymore, I don't read literature at all, and I don't even read comics anymore. Despite this, I still impulse-buy bullshit.

Realistically, I should be using my youth to improve my drawing skills, read more literature, and train my brain better for improved attention span and potentially prevent something like Alzheimer’s in the future. This would also mean cutting down on consuming so much fast food and soda. I know these are all flaws, but I'm not doing anything about it. Maybe it's my ADHD or tendencies towards autism mixed with general laziness. What can I do to improve? I’d assume I should start with being on 4chan less, kek.
>>
>What can I do to improve?
Appreciate the things which announces itself to you:
>1. I don't draw as much anymore
>I should be using my youth to improve my drawing skills

>2. I don't read literature at all
>I should be using my youth to... read more literature

>3. I still impulse-buy bullshit.
>This would also mean cutting down on consuming so much fast food and soda.

>I'm not doing anything about it.
You know what it is you must do.

>Maybe it's my ADHD or tendencies towards autism mixed with general laziness.
Maybe the answer is something not so grand and complex; maybe the answer is something simple — so simple that you feel as if it is beneath you, that you cannot be bothered by something insignificant and laughable.
>>
>>31531216
Keep a journal. Dedicate 30m before bed to writing down what you did during the day.
Putting it in your own words will motivate you to do more.
Change your environment to change your habits. Don’t like wasting money on junk food? Plan your meals, bring a homemade lunch. Don’t like wasting so much time on social media? Get a flipphone or a dumbphone or get someone to make a random password on one of those parental lock apps. Want to draw more? Set aside a space in your home as an art studio.
>>
>>31531216
See my comment on this: https://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/31525880/#q31526138
>>
>>31531216
Remember the horrible pain of your body failing everyday. Remember the rot every moment. Never ever let yourself be calm. Then you'll do great. Also limiting human interaction helps a ton because the emotional stress creates even more drive.
>>
>>31531407
what the fuck this sounds verbatim like my wifes mindset. can you explain more about this kind of thought process? i don't hear about this very often and me and my wife are having severe problems
>>
>>31531578
Stress activates the sympathetic nervous system (responsible for fight-or-flight response) which keeps one moving when all else fails. That's why some people swear by waking up angry to get through the day. Trouble is, chronic stress takes a big toll on one's health.

Meditate instead, giving yourself a better baseline to deal with remaining issues.
>>
>>31531993
And if you want to really geek out on this subject, search Youtube for polyvagal theory.
>>
>>31531993
>first thing that comes up is co-regulation in relationships is difficult for traumatized people
welp i already knew that but still explains a lot
>>
>>31531216
>I’d assume I should start with being on 4chan less, kek.
Not really. Abstaining something done passively won't make you more active. You have to be active first and then you will automatically be less here because you don't really want to. So set small goal every day you have to be active to do it.
>>
A skinny dude can do whatever he wants. at 20 I just went overseas one day and started a new life.
you don't HAVE to do anything, you can work towards things that you actually want to do.

Most people don't do anything, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to.
>>
>>31532258
>>first thing that comes up is co-regulation in relationships is difficult for traumatized people
>welp i already knew that but still explains a lot
Look a bit further then.
>>
>>31532413
>co-regulation in relationships is difficult for traumatized people
>>welp i already knew that
Anon, there is a megaton of information and ideas on that. You might sort through the books (search for 'trauma polyvagal' on libgen) and YT, and let us know what works for you. I have no experience of that application.
>>
Find the things in life that you actually enjoy and do those. Maybe you don't enjoy drawing and that's why you don't do it. I used to think that I was destined to become an animator but I didn't enjoy the process at all so I stopped doing that and started acting instead.
>>
>>31531216
if you work a full time job how do you even expect to have time and energy to do all that? Society is a fucking scam.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.