[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Stars.jpg (243 KB, 1079x685)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>Be 20
>Graduate High School with a 2.1 GPA
>Go to a community college
>Fail half my classes and switch my major halfway through
>Like the classes, but find out I need a bachelor's degree to get the job I actually want (I'm getting an associate's)
>No IRL friends (I talk to people in my classes, but I could never be their friends)
>No girlfriend since 1st year of college, doesn't seem like that's changing anytime soon
>No job, I've applied for around 20 over the past few weeks and not a single call back
>Diagnosed with a personality disorder
>Fairly convinced I'm slowly slipping into schizophrenia
Am I just fucked? What do I even do from here? The only thing I have going for me is that I am somewhat physically healthy. (Work out and don't eat like complete garbage)
>>
>>31531600
i was in almost the exact same boat and just said fuck it and joined the army
not saying you should but it gave me the reset my life needed
>>
Have you considered just pursuing the bachelor's degree instead? If that's a field that interests you and that you'd like to go into, then maybe that's the goal. Finish the associates and transfer the credits to a 4-year.
Why don't you feel like you could be friends with your classmates?
>>
>>31531600
take a break, come back, do academic renewal or whatever your college calls it forgiving your gpa once
>>
>>31531672
You can do that? Does it take another 4 years?
The people I actually do talk to in class are just the polar opposites of me, imagine the average reddit user, and about 5-10 years older than me. They're nice enough to be around during class, but I would never hang out with them if we didn't share that.
>>
>>31531717
Ur average 2year and 4 year student is different. They're both equally as reddit, but the latter is younger and (if you're in a competitive program at least) smarter
>>
>>31531717
>polar opposites of me
I get that that's completely understandable.
>does it take another 4 years?
No, not if all the credits transfer to the new school. You got 2 years worth of credits for that associates, it should only take 2 more years to finish a bachelors if you take a full-time courseload and pass your classes.
Make sure the school you want to transfer to will accept the credits from your CC though. Usually state colleges in the same state as your CC will accept them, but not always.
>>
>>31531600
You're doing better than I am.

One of my biggest regrets from my 20s is making everything out to be a disaster when it really wasn't. I'm not meaning to downplay these issues, I'm sure they are very real and distressing for you but I can assure you that undoubtedly you can overcome them and they will appear miniscule compared with other issues you'll encounter over the next decade. The worst thing you can do is despair. This is what will take you out in the end.

So yourself a favour and stop freaking out. Continue with your studies and do the best you can, increase your efforts to look for work and do the best to continue to take car of both your mental and physical health.
>>
>>31531730
And both are vastly smarter than you
>>
>>31531600
>>Diagnosed with a personality disorder

which one?
>>
>>31534976
Schizotypal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.