[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you do when your coworkers are a bunch of NPCs? I try to get along with them but they're so cringe. Their conversations are all like
>Have you seen this movie?
>Oh ya I saw that it was good! Have you seen this movie?
>Oh ya I saw that it was good! Have you seen this movie?
>Oh ya I saw that it was good

Like it's the most NPC shit I've ever heard and I find it impossible to relate to them. But also at the same time I feel like I need to fit in or else people will dislike me and give me less hours. What do I do?
>>
File: 171968869583999418.jpg (103 KB, 705x670)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>31531651
https://voca.ro/1hMnML8RqVad
>>
If you don't like where you work, maybe look for somewhere else to work, or better yet, find a way to go into business for yourself. It may not be immediate, but it'll give you something to work towards and look forward to at least.
If you like where you work, but you're just annoyed by the mundane small-talk most people engage in, guess you're gonna have to learn how to grit through it and pretend that you enjoy it.
>>
>>31531651
Be yourself. Fuck them, you don’t need their approval. Talk about your interests and they’ll probably listen because you are more interesting than them.
>>31531695
>just upend your life bro and find another job
>just start a small business bro, the economy is great and it is not extremely risky
Burning bridges seems easier, but it actually makes life harder.
>>
>>31531732
Finding a better place to work is not the same thing as upending your life. Do you think life is just work?
>>
>>31531750
1. Yes it is absolutely upending your life. The search alone is a pain but then you have new people, new bosses, new travel, new problems, new eggshells to walk on. Besides, nova are everywhere.
2. Starting a new business is even less stable and prone to drastic changes.
3. Quitting a job over such superficial things as not being able to relate to small talk is not something one can do with confidence right now, there are plenty of posts about the difficulty of finding work
4. You added nothing valuable to the conversation and told the OP to just deal with it.
Just stop.

OP, be yourself. Be cool. You don’t need to relate to npcs, the npcs will end up trying to relate to you (if you’re cool). Even if you’re not cool, fuck them. The worst that can happen is they start interpersonal drama, which reflects poorly on them as long as you don’t react to it. Main characters don’t give a fuck what npcs think.
>>
>>31531781
1. The search is done while still employed. Meeting new people at work is hardly upending your life, you just work in a different building and/or part of town. Calling that upending your life is overly dramatic.
2. If you could read. I didn't say it was an immediate thing, but something to look forward to.
3. Again, you line the new job up before quitting. I assume OP to not be completely retarded.
4. You added nothing valuable to the conversation and told OP "just bee yourself"...if we want to play the strawman game.
I get it, you're risk-averse, maybe OP is too.
>>
>>31531651
>What do you do when your coworkers are not autistic socially inept retards like me? I try to get along with them but they're so overstimulation to my feeble mind.
ftfy
>>
>>31531651
Tbh I don't mind that sort of talk. What annoys me more are the types who try to pry into your life so much.
Eg asking what you did on the weekend, or what your plans are or asking other questions regarding your private life.

I notice women coworkers always do this but us guys just keep talk to generalities or talk about something to laugh about
>>
>>31531836
>risk averse
No, I am not an idiot who thinks trading stability for uncertainty over stale small-talk is advisable.
>talk about your interests vs. deal with it
Idk, faggot, you sound like an npc.
>>
This is why I think im just incompatible with society now...no I didn't see the latest goyslop movie or series it was good? why was it good? you cant explain you just liked it? aight then do you think about anything else besides that and sex or horrific tiktoks? Cool, I got nothing else to say lemme listen to my music from 40 years ago now to remind me how the world could be so much better again
>>
>>31531651
Sounds like some good recommendations for movies.
>>
>>31531651
You have to try your best to fit in with the npcs if you want the best opportunity for yourself, especially if you want a promotion.
>>
>>31531651
>>31531981
you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>31531651
In my limited experience they don't care if you don't involve yourself in the chitchat as long as you act normal. Be polite but there's no need to engage unless they ask you directly.
>>
>>31531651
some people are smart enough to keep their personal and corporate lives as separated as possible. Considering we live in an age of cancel culture and HR, I imagine, keeping talk between coworkers as mundane as possible is for the best. What sort of conversations are you hoping to have with these people at work anyways?
>>
>>31531732
real shit. Just careful to not say anything that'll get you fired.
>>
>>31531651
Just put your normalfag mask on and be pleasant. Or drop the facade completely and don't bother interacting with them on a social level.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.