[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is more of am i the asshole but im not making a reddit account for this.

My job can get to be really demanding at times. I am on call 1 week a month and I fix very important stuff. If i get a call I'm at that job till its done and the job itself may be up to a few hours away.

Anyway, yesterday was a high call volume day. It started Friday night at 1130pm and i got home from that call at 230 am. into Saturday i get a call 4 hours away, another 2hours away, and another 1 hour from that. In total i spent about 9 hours driving yesterday and 5 hours working.

I finally get home from this beating at about 1030pm and I'm aching. My girlfriend knowing what i went through then starts asking me to come hang out with her friend and her friends husband at the bar. I don't drink i don't like social situations and i bartended for 14 years so i don't really like going to bars. This has never been a secret between us. I am better suited to wiring diagrams than social interactions.

She keeps asking me to go out and finally i put my foot down saying i just worked around 14 hours with about 4 hours of sleep and I'm exhausted and sore. I'm not going out and i went to bed. At this point I'm pissed that she would even keep pushing after knowing i had a day like that.

Now this morning as i woke up she is just being extremely short with me and being cold. Not that im really being affectionate either, but how are you going to be pissed at me for not wanting to go to the bar when i fucking hate going to bars and i just worked 14 hours on my day off..

To steal it from reddit- Am i the asshole here?
>>
>>31532691
In how you describe it no. Would like to know if this is the way always though. Avoiding is fine when the excuse is fair enough, like this example, but in any other case you should just go. If you don't, well that is something for her to be mad about, and if it happens all the time, well I'm kinda on her side. The answer is: go whenever it is possible and you're well rested. Do it for her and not yourself.
>>
>>31532719
I do hang out with her friends on occasion. We are from completely different worlds so im always an outlier. I come from farm, military, low income past. She is from an opulent family that lived outside DC and her friends are very much in that same vein so even when i do go hang out with her friends i feel more like an accessory than a person in the group. But yeah the short awnser i dont like it but i do it.
>>
>>31532731
Try and talk to her again. She will either understand the situation or is simply just unreasonable. As much as we only hear one side of the story, it seems to me atleast, like this is completely wrong from her. Be very patient and understanding with her, but say you'll just fall asleep infront of them if you went. Otherwise next time she asks, if the conversations has not helped, then just refuse politely. Know it is almost "your right" to be angry, but it won't really help. The same as screaming at poor drivers. Might make people feel better, but in the long run it does nothing. Maybe choose your battles differently, and know that this is not one worth fighting. You can be correct and still let the other person "win". You both win in the situation really. Give her more leeway than deserved.
>>
>>31532691
from what you've written, she's being the asshole.
>>
>>31532691
No, she is. She's being a ungrateful bitch.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.