[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714956569686574.gif (328 KB, 256x256)
328 KB
328 KB GIF
Are there some past traumas that simply cannot be "overcome" no matter what you do? For example there are some things in my past that I know have deeply changed me, I have accepted them and that they changed me but I still feel like I cannot move past them. Even with therapy, I might add
What should be done in this scenario?
>>
>>31532972
EMDR therapy
>>
>Are there some past traumas that simply cannot be "overcome" no matter what you do?
Only the ones where closure is denied.

>I have accepted them and that they changed me but I still feel like I cannot move past them. Even with therapy, I might add
>What should be done in this scenario?
Perhaps mere acceptance is not enough to decant the experience, and maybe the reason you cannot move past them is because it was meant to be with you. To completely forget may be a waste of experience survived as doing so leaves you vulnerable the second(or 'n'th) time in the future as history repeats where the circumstances would visit an older, unexperienced version of you and possibly in circumstances which may be worse than when you first founded it as such survival may not be so guaranteed.
>>
pretty much everything that happens when ur young/early adulthood can leave u fucked up for life at least in my experience

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.