[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637911684541.jpg (44 KB, 640x579)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Is it weird to give a guy chocolates on a first date?

I went on a first date today and decided to get him a box of chocolates because I was really touched when a guy in the past had gotten me chocolates on a first date and wanted to do something nice. When I told my mum about this she said it was weird and that I should never do it again because it was unconventional and would blindside a guy.

I'm autistic so I guess I don't understand social rules very well, is it really that bad to give a guy chocolates when you first meet him? I was failing to see how someone would take offence or not like it but I don't want to kill my chances in the future either.
>>
>>31533050
Are you a woman or a man?
>>
>>31533059
im a woman
>>
>>31533050
It's unconventional but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. You want a guy that "accepts you for who you are" right? Ask yourself if you really *want* a guy who'll be weirded out by a girl giving him chocolates. I know I'd be perfectly fine with it (if I were able to attract a girl :/).
>>
>>31533267
Aw thank you for saying this because it helped c: I do want someone who accepts me for who I am. I've thought about doing this more in the future because I want guys to have a nice time on a date even if nothing comes out of it. Im sending you chocolates in my thoughts ^u^
>>
>>31533050
It is weird but weird isn't inherently bad. Weird makes you memorable, and if you meet a guy who like receiving chocolates then you'll be memorable in a good way.
>>
>>31533050
where is this image from op

also chocolates are both a sweet gift and a good tactic to weed out men
>>
>>31533050
>my mum about this she said it was weird and that I should never do it again
Nah that's the wrong advise. The better advice is to just date the right men and those would appreciate a gift. Would definitely find it cute and think your a good catch since that is something a carrying person would do. Pretty sure there is guys who would thank you for it and mean it
>>
>>31533050
It's odd. But it's not bad. I feel like most guys aren't used to getting gifts like that so it could come off as "too much" but I don't think anyone would hate receiving chocolates.

I'd qualify this as quirky not creepy. You are a unique individual and have the right to express that. Your mom's heart is in the right place but she's setting you up for failure. You should be yourself on dates. And if yourself wants to get him chocolates you do that.
>>
>>31533346
>where is this image from op
Me in the Safari Zone.
>>
>>31533050
Very cute, but definitely autistic.
>>
>>31533346
>good tactic to weed out men
In what way?
>>
>>31533050
The most important thing to remember as an autistic woman is to protect yourself. It's incredibly sad how large a proportion of autists suffer abuse or sexual assault because of their inability to read social cues and warning signs.

Don't go into private places with men, make sure that someone you trust (family member, close friend) knows where you're going on a date (and who your date is), and don't be afraid to say no to things you're uncomfortable with.

It's far more important to be safe and be perceived as a "bitch" by a pushy, inconsiderate guy than to go along with what he says and get assaulted.
>>
>>31533050
Man here. I really like it when women call me pretty, say Im handsome, bring me little treats, or do any sort of sweet act for me. I know theres jokes about "men want to be treated like women!" but it really is so nice to have a woman show me that shes interested and it feels really nice to be appreciated like that. Most times its men just throwing themselves out there and getting nothing in return over and over.

I will say though that gifts on a first date is a bit much. You should probably wait until like the 2nd or probably even third date before giving them a little gift like that.
>>
File: 1691322783331861.jpg (567 KB, 1593x1593)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>31533335
you should kill yourself painfully and immediately not because of chocolate on a first date which is whatever but for using emojis
>>
What was the chocolate that you gave them though?
>>
>>31533050
No it’s not at all! I am also a femanon. I give my crush or my date some snacks, too. I’ve given them puff pastry, dim sum, pies, cakes. That is our love language! That is how we express our feelings to them. It’s never weird.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.