[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 8546743564.png (861 KB, 1000x1000)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
so, here's the situation:
>I used to write death metal/technical death metal
>because of the nature of the genres, I wrote some disgusting fucked up lyrics
>back then I was 17-18, and I took for granted that people wouldn't get offended, because they can discern from what is fiction and what is reality and because saying something doesn't mean you are that something, nor you encourage said behaviours
>apparently certain people got triggered and wanted to ''cancel'' me
>Never apologized for it, it's because I tought that the accusations they made towards me were lame, false and bizarre (plus i've always explained to them point #3)
>years later, i delete my songs cause I felt they could've been better and moved on with my life

now it's 2024 and i wanna write music again, not only metal but other genres too, but it's been a while since an irrational fear started to consume me. Basically, I fear that even tough i'll start with new nicknames, some individual from the past will discover my new projects anyway and will try to ''expose'' me for those old songs i wrote when i was a retarded high schooler. Am i being unreasonable? What am i supposed to do in order to calm myself down and doing what I love the most?
>>
>>31533274
if your music is good, people will consoom. even if you're a pedo or whatever it doesn't matter, let alone some edgy shit u wrote in high school. just look at MJ lol
>>
File: 1692764442289812.jpg (226 KB, 900x900)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
First of all, cancelling is only a thing if you let it get to you or your acts were scandalous enough (as in, actual heinous crimes like sexual assault). Even then, Varg and OJ Simpson posted on Twitter like they were completely innocent despite being known murderers. At worst you get deplatformed, which in the Internet era doesn't mean shit if you have an established fanbase unless you're adamant with sticking to the main social media. I find it weird that you'd be "cancelled" for death metal lyrics unless they were outsiders to the genre that knew you from somewhere else or you were singing about being a KKK grand wizard who curbstomps nigger children.

Second, I doubt that anyone enough about you to stalk you. I have incredibly autistic forum posts tied to my real full name that I wrote 20 years ago, you can easily find them if you search for me intently enough yet no one has ever brought it up as banter or anything. If no one is digging for my past shit despite it being readily available, imagine how it is for shit you'll write under two different pseudonyms. Don't be a retard and avoid leaving any giveaways that it's you if it bothers you that much.
>>
File: 13975657674.jpg (244 KB, 1000x1000)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>31533450
>First of all, cancelling is only a thing if you let it get to you or your acts were scandalous enough
Well, now that I think about it, cannibal corpse's band members never gave a fuck when they wrote necropedophile and other things
>unless they were outsiders to the genre that knew you from somewhere else
They were probably outsiders , because death metal has a lot of lyrics about murder, gore, rape, pedophilia and I rarely see them pointing this out, if anything, they make edgy jokes about all of those things.
>Don't be a retard and avoid leaving any giveaways that it's you if it bothers you that much.
Yeah, I'll stick to that, i guess starting with new nicknames is enough, right?
>>
>>31534501
>Yeah, I'll stick to that, i guess starting with new nicknames is enough, right?
Yeah, pretty much, unless you had some identifying aspects that you keep for whatever reason (don't do that, obviously). No one knew who the members of Brujeria were at first despite some of them being big names because they hid their identities well enough.
>>
>>31533274
I don't think you should care about it. I know some people who have been "exposed" on all sorts of blogs for being nazis (this is about the black metal scene) but nothing ever comes of it. Sometimes it's so obvious they don't even need to be exposed, but sometimes it's incorrect as well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.