[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (1).png (7 KB, 184x244)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Since when did these companies start using euphemisms for words?

I mean employees are now "associates" or "team members" (borrow that one from Target)
The boss that breathes down your neck waiting to fire your ass the first chance he gets is now a "coach"
Middle management are called "team leads" (from Walmart)
And for more leads, the human resources lady is called the "people lead"

What the fuck why are they doing this?
>>
>>31533667
Because God wants us to suffer because of original sin
>>
>>31533692
kek
>>
>>31533692
>original sin
what?
>>
>>31533667
They always did that
>>
>>31533667
Part of it is to actually fuck with how employees are classed officially to get around employment regulations that might require certain benefits or rights, but the other part is just to church-up the way things sound for corporate indoctrination. Making things sound better than they are is classic manipulation tactics, and it's just as much marketing to the employees as it is for the customers. Coaching sounds better than ass-chewing session. Everything must be prim, proper, concealed and sterile so that the pesky human element can be controlled or stamped out.
>>
>>31534417
Well said.
>>
>>31534153
kek
>>
>>31533667
>Since when did these companies start using euphemisms for words?
About 100 years ago
>>
>>31536201
Oh I see

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.