[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: no-mouth.jpg (296 KB, 620x400)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
I started ADHD medication recently. As we know these stimulants we use make us more self aware and less impulsive, along with giving us the cognition to function properly.

I'm using Vyvanse, a long release stimulant (8-14 hours) and the doctor says this must be taken regularly without deprivation of a day to reduce risk of complication.

I have lived my whole life without stimulants and now that I've taken them I feel as if I have awakened myself in a way of which I feel like my true self and will. Spiritually, Psychologically, and physically.

My problem is as I've been thinking, it disturbs me that medication makes me feel functional and complete. I haven't lost any abilities medicated of my ADHD such as pattern recognition, attention to detail, nor my inherent extraversion, which i've been warned of it possibly killing for years which is why i've been averted to it for so long in my life until recently.

And yet despite it all, I feel a sense of, insecurity? Dissatisfaction that I require this external synthesized medication to be me. That I require it to feel complete. That it really makes me feel like my true in control non-compulsive self. its not insecurity of my functionalities at all either as I supersede others and their functionalities when medicated. Yet when off I perform lightly below them and averagely.

How do other neurodivergents cope with the fact we require synthesized product to our function proper potentials, and that we cannot be our true selves without it? Not regarding the ones who have these illnesses light enough to function without the medications and only with therapies.
>>
>>31534325
The medication is a profit scam.

Show me a popular medication that actually cures or prevents anything at all.
>>
>>31534325
You're burning out your potential that you needed later in life.

You will have a hellish retirement.
>>
I posted on Reddit's ADHD subreddit today and got perma-banned:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/comments/1ds0jej/adhd_meds_are_not_productivity_pills/
Meds work really well as long as you're taking it. Stop taking it one day and all hell breaks loose. To rely on medicine to function is depressive in itself.
I have had ADHD for 20 years now. I took meds for 6 months and I felt great. But the idea of relying on it for the rest of my life was too disturbing. And then I thought, I was still getting by without meds. Not as good as on meds but still way better and decided to quit meds forever.
I instead focused on overcoming ADHD by organizing everything to the micro level and it's working really well for me so far.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.
>>
>>31534393
How do you know when it works? I don't feel any different

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.