[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How does one make friends at the age of 26? I have not had a friend since before I was a teenager, but I'd like to try again.
>>
Easiest way is to do a hobby that has some social elements, then continue doing it, then when you find others who have similar other interests in this hobby you can go do them with them when it comes up or do general stuff at the right moment (like getting food)
some hobbies even have great in built ways that help friendships form, such as needing to travel to certain places occasionally for it, such as some big meet up, so you go up with a few of the people, and become much closer to them.

Once you know them a bit and are firmly close acquaintances, you can move on to being friends.
Many people consider close acquaintance a friend already, and maybe you do too and are good with that, but those "friendships" fizzle fast and aren't what I am talking about. But if all you want is what normalfags consider friends, then a few close acquaintances and can call them friends and no one will bat an eye.

After you are friends you just keep doing shit together and eventually you will be stable in your friendship, then after a while you are good friends.

The big thing is knowing how to convert close acquaintances to friends.
All it involves is doing things with them outside of whatever you know them through, work colleagues? go out after or do something outside of work, friends from a hobby? do something outside of that hobby with them.
its important to remember that things adjacent to this don't make them friends, like if its an after work group party you aren't necessarily friends, but these types of events are where you figure out the type of people you even want to be friends with and make close acquaintances to acquaintances, friends requires something outside of this.
Getting food is an easy way, but can often have very low returns and can take a while, but its great for then converting even further.

Sometimes you can just make friends randomly from people talking to you in public or vice versa, but its a lot harder and less consistent.
it does happen though.
>>
>>31534759
Since this is a very common question, do the following:

1. Go to https://archive.4plebs.org/adv/

2. Search on "friends adult".
>>
the ways i’ve made new friend since your age:

- other dads my kids school
- cool people at work
- friends of friends from the first 2

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.