[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shaggy-in-rain.gif (190 KB, 289x249)
190 KB
190 KB GIF
How does someone figures what they want in life? People just try many things and see what sticks? I mean what if someone invests years of their life into something only to realize they don't like it anymore in the long run? Then they would need to invest many more years into a new passion just for the same thing to happen again, and again, and again... Is life just trial and error until the day you die?
>>
I think its easy to sit there and ruminate on this question and get no where.
I tried that for a long time, it got me no where and no closer to an answer.

The best way for me to go towards stuff that seemed interesting or I at least kind of enjoyed and just kept at stuff related to it until I figured things out how I needed them to be.
If you decide you don't like it anymore, want to change, are bored of it, or whatever, then you can just do something different.

Let me ask you, why exactly would this be a problem?
if its a hobby, did you waste your time that was spent enjoying it, spent meeting new people related to it, spent talking to others about it? I don't think so, and maybe you will get back into it down the road.
If its as a career, then do you need to stick to that career so tightly for some reason? are you trying to be rich and successful? for a lot of careers thats not an option, for a lot of careers that just involves you being a manager or starting your own business.
Are any of those things you even want? are you happy just being average or doing "well" for yourself even if you aren't filthy rich? if so, what does it matter if you end up changing careers?

Who cares if you change your mind down the road later? lots of people do and it works out well for them, you would be surprised how flexible things can be and the opportunities you run into, you just need to already be somewhere in the first place to see any.
>>
We’re hardwired to want joy, so do whatever you can derive it from. Everything else is by the way. It’s not that complicated.
>>
>>31534830
Ask questions, and answer them, about everything you come across. That's a built-in homing mechanism for finding what fascinates you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.