[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Got a job just a couple of months ago and I'm already burned out. I'm thinking of quitting but at the same time I feel like a bitch for not sticking it out

>Signed up at local union for pipefitting job
>Got placed in this pipeshop near my house
>Was pretty optimistic, supposedly 10 hours of OT
>supposed to learn a lot
>Mfw it's nothing but a glorified position as a shop hand
>Never get to practice welding or work with the fitters
>Foreman giving me mundane tasks
>"Go sweep the parking lot" "Go grind the paint off" "Airblow this" "Make yourself look busy"
>Mfw been welding professionally for two years now
>One time I tell him I can pick up some 90 deg elbows with the forklift
>Says no with an angry tone, doesn't want me driving because I dont know how to according to him
>Mfw certified forklift driver for different companies and 2 years experience
>He genuinely thinks I'm retarded
>Never get any of said OT
>Never get to practice welding or work with the fitters
>Genuinely feel like I'm pissing away my time
>Even a couple of coworkers told me to find something better if possible
>The cherry on top is that I'm making $15 p/h
>Not the type to bitch or complain, but I genuinely felt I needed to type this up

If it was something that genuinely required skill or helped me get better I wouldn't mind working for $15 an hour. But it just absolutely feels like a waste of my time.

Should I just quit and look for something else? I've been burned out of jobs before, sure. But never this soon. The shop won't give me a raise until I've made a full year, and then it's just 1 dollar more.
>>
>>31534862
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.